Tuesday, June 24, 2008

06/24/08

These pics today are still from Cades Cove, TN. :)

These are more of the open areas with mountains all around that we passed on our journey around. We stopped at this one place and the kids went out with Steve to walk in the meadow. Wesley decided to pick my some flowers... little did he realize he wasn't supposed to do that because it is a national park!! It was precious to me, though, to see him walk up with those flowers. That boy has the most tender heart and thinks about things like that often. Not the best pic of me, but I had been jumping in and out of the van getting shots. ha! The others are of the rest of the family as well as just beautiful views. (The one of Steve and me with the kids is a bit blown out.... had issues with my lighting at that moment... oh well...) I still can't get over how beautiful that area was. I don't think I would ever get bored at seeing the beauty.

Today was good... I surprised the kids and had a play date where we went to watch Charlotte's Web at a local theater for free with a couple of their friends. We then went to lunch with them and they got to play with them in the play area. It was over too soon for them, though. It was a nice morning/ early afternoon.

After the play date we went to the local camera shop and I bought myself a new tripod. I have been needing a new one as my other one has gotten a bit loose and not as trustworthy. My camera has gotten much heavier since I added the battery grip. I am excited to have a new one to use with my macro shots. I will experiment with that tomorrow, hopefully. I met my photographer mentor up there and he helped me pick out a sturdy one. He is a great guy... I just realized today that I met him around this time last year when I was getting ready to photograph that wedding. I feel I have come a long way in my photography since then. It is so exciting to see that growth.

I am going to get off of here now. We are heading up to my parent's house because they are celebrating my birthday tonight!! :) The actual day was last Friday so since we were gone they wanted to do it tonight. I requested steak, asparagus and onion on the grill.... YUM. Can't wait! Have a great evening!






6 comments:

mc said...

Kellie- Keep that boy close to your heart! Harrison is away at youth group camp with our church this week. His first time away from me! I am missing him so much!

Sal Cartusciello said...

Great background in all of the pictures.

You had me with the dinner until you said, asparagus. The one vegtable I do not enjoy.

Sal Cartusciello said...

Also, I am finding I need to learn and use the tripod more because I can not for the life of me get "still". Very annoying.

Unknown said...

Ok, I will ask...what tripod did you get? I was at Southeastern Camera and Peace Street Camera today. I was looking for some filters. Cokin to be exact...well SE Camera didn't have the ring I needed, so I went to Peace, and they did have the filter....this is why I buy online :) I love supporting the little camera shops, but sometimes it stresses me out :)
Great pics!

Amy said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! You're right, that area is just gorgeous and I doubt anyone could ever tire of seeing the beauty! Great to see you in some shots too. :)

Amy said...

Btw, which tripod did you get and what sort of head?