Monday, June 09, 2008

06/09/08

My computer is still giving me issues... that is why I haven't posted anything in the last couple of days. I went to transfer files today and the first time it was almost finished and all of a sudden an error report came up and said it had to close and I would lose all that had been transferred. Great. I started it over again, trying not to get stressed. An hour into the second time of transferring the files, our electricity went off!!!!!!!! At this point, I was not happy but still trying not to be stressed. I haven't even had time to try it a third time. I have had to work on both computers for different things. Hopefully tonight it will all work right... or I may just have to try it tomorrow afternoon. Sal and Casey... it seems I am a needin' ya!! lol

This past weekend I wanted to post on Saturday so it would be 06/07/08 but that didn't happen so just humor me that I at least got it in somewhere. I am weird like that with dates. lol People who got married on that day have a neat way of remembering their anniversary. :)

On Saturday, we took Wesley and Mikayla to an old farm tractor show at our local fairgrounds. It was SO HOT that we didn't get to go until right at sunset/dusk and then it was getting very difficult to take pictures because of lighting. I did NOT want to use a flash. I took a lot but didn't get as many because I handheld all with no flash... which shows serious camera shake. lol I did the best I could without a tripod, but it still wasn't like I had hoped. The lighting on these are actually a bit deceiving because it looks like it is earlier in the evening. That is the joy of holding the shutter open long enough to let more light inside....

Wesley was SO happy we went. He kept saying he was in "heaven" and didn't want it to end. He even went around sniffing the motors and telling me how good it smelled and wanting to know if I wanted to smell them. I did... and it actually took me back to smells we used to have on the farm. Good memories. He stood by a few of them for me to get his picture. The John Deere he is beside in these pics was huge for him. He cracked me up the way he stood. I want to make a picture collage of tractor "parts" to put up in Wesley's room. Some of these will work, but some of them had too many things in the background which were unavoidable in the pictures. Our neighbor up the road has two Farmall tractors and I'll have to photograph those. I'll have to find someone with an old John Deere to photograph.

I must say, one of my most favorite pics of the night was the smoke stack on the tractor with the moon behind it. That was a shot that got me tickled and Wesley was quite impressed himself. I love how blue the sky is behind it. I tweeked some stuff on my camera to get that blue. Love it. The one that made us chuckle was of the red seat on one of the Farmalls. You can see from the picture that it is not somewhere you would want to rest for any length of time... not very comfortable!!

The heat around here the last few days has been over 100 degrees. We are not supposed to have this in June... those are end of July and August temps. Of course, nothing takes the Lord by surprise so He knows all and is in control. I am just thankful for air conditioner! The kids and I have been getting out really early and walking/riding bikes. They play outside for a bit but when it is 80 degrees at 8:00 you don't desire to play outside for very long.

Today when the kids were outside they found this little bird. It was the cutest little thing. I believe it was a sparrow because the 'mom and dad' that seemed quite irritated with us were sparrows. I think it had been learning to fly and didn't succeed. Wesley and Mikayla wanted to keep it as a pet, but I told them that wasn't even a possibility. I took these pictures just because. He was a cute thing.

I have finished reading one book already and started another one. It is so much fun being able to read for an extended period of time without my eyes closing on me. I am enjoying it greatly.

I don't think I have mentioned anything about our trip coming up at the end of the week! We are leaving on Saturday to head for the "hills" of Tennessee for a couple of days then come back into the NC mountains to sightsee until the following Saturday. During the trip we are going to see lots of areas, two plays, as well as the Biltmore Estates and I am so excited. I have never been to most of the places we are going so this should be wonderful. I pray it isn't horribly hot. This trip is our family's birthday gift from Kevin to us. We don't plan anything... he plans the trip and when we go and we just help him tweek the little things we do when we are there. He always tries to do it at a time of year where it is nice but not too hot. Of course, in the south, one never knows. He puts a lot of thought and preparation into these trips and they are always such great memories for us. I greatly appreciate what he does for us because I know it is expensive, but he does this for us out of the goodness of his heart. He is a great brother.... (He's going to ask me why I am being so mushy.... ha!)

Well, I had better go see if I can transfer some more files. ha! I'll really try not to let this aggravate me too much....

Have a great evening!

5 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

Wesley must have had a smile from ear to ear with all that JD equipment. Good 'ol country fun. :-)

Sorry about your computer problems.

Anonymous said...

There's an old John Deere up at grandmother's under the tractor shelter!! You are welcome to come anytime for a photo opp!!

Unknown said...

I can't believe he likes John Deere....I really have to send that boy some CAT stuff :)

Send me an email if you still having issues, I will see what I can help you with.

Gretchen said...

What a nice brother! Was he that nice in high school? (Just kiddin)

Enjoy your vacation!
We are heading to the hills this weekend too, for some relief from the heat.

Amy said...

You can tell Wesley was LOVING being around all of those tractors!!! And what an awesome brother, what a thoughtful gift!