Sunday, September 03, 2006

9/3/06

Yeah, I am still here. I am taking cues from an online friend and doing the date now instead of the titles all the time. My brain is doing good most days to remember my name let alone a new title. ;)

I haven't been in the blogging mood lately. I have had so much going on with the first of school that I really don't have it in me to get on here when I get home. I will really try to do better.

School is going really well. I am cherishing my moments at home and realize why I act like I do in the summertime. I truly only desire to be at home during summer and it is because I am away for so long during the school year! Hopefully things will calm down a bit in the next few weeks.

The kids are doing awesome in school this year. It confirms that we made the best choice with holding them back, although we knew that when we had to make the decision. It is just nice to know that maturity was the main issue and not something else. Wesley is still my slower reader, but that is fine. We bought them new books last night and they are both excited about reading them. Wesley HAD to read me his book this afternoon. He did well, but he gets so stuck on the pictures that it takes him forever to get through the book. lol Mom and my brother laughed at me this afternoon because while he was reading I was passing out on the couch. My eyelids just couldn't stay open much longer. He kept saying "Mom, I already read that word..." because I was using my finger to help keep him on the words and not the pictures. hee hee I don't have that problem when Mikayla reads...just so we get that straight. lol

This past week was a better week on the emotions. Our Youth Pastor came through his surgery just fine but now they are waiting to see how agressive the cancer is. We are continuing to pray that he will be fine but it truly is in the Lord's hands and we are trusting in Him.

We went Putt-Putting for the first time last night with the kids. I don't know why we haven't taken them before now. I guess we just didn't think they would get into it. Wesley is becoming quite the golfer and he was excited. We had a good time except some young guys flew up behind us acting stupid and seeing how hard they could hit the ball to get it to do crazy things. We finally let them go past us. Well, then we had this family of five behind us after that and their kids would fly through the holes and stare at us till we were through. Do families not do anything the right way anymore? Kids have no patience and they just look at you like you are being horribly slow or something. It honestly made me want to move slower. Of course, I realize they would not have learned anything from me going slower. A few times I actually did go slower but it wasn't on purpose. It seems I had trouble getting my ball to cooperate with the putter on certain occasions. lol

We left there and went out to eat and then to the book store. We had the best time in there and got the kids some great books. I am going to start reading them the "Little House on the Prairie" series. I think it will be great for them...and me. :) I also found some books for school that I bought. I am looking forward to reading them to my students.

My picture of today is unique, I guess. Mom and Dad have a large amount of these writer spiders in their yard this year. We found the "Mother" of all writer spiders yesterday and I took a picture of it and a few others. I was CREEPED out by them, but knew my students at school would enjoy seeing them. I hope you get a "thrill" out of them, too. :) They are kind of neat in a spider sort of way. Almost all of them had egg sacks but today they were gone. I just had to keep reminding myself that GOD MADE THEM.

I entered some photos in the Wildlife Photo contest. I have no idea if I have a shot at winning, but one never knows until they try, do they? I also have to send in my info. regarding the photo I am sending in to the fair as well as the scrapbook pages I will be entering. I'll get those out this week.

I worked on journaling this weekend. I have SO many pages to do and my goal is to get them all done by tomorrow evening. We'll see if that happens!! I have gotten our Pennsylvania trip finished...just finished those a little bit ago so that makes me feel better.

Steve has to work for a short time tomorrow but after that he'll be home. I have no idea what we'll do except do last minute things to get ready for another week. I am thankful for the day off and will enjoy it immensly. :)

Fall is right around the corner... I realize around here it doesn't feel cold till November (if then!) but I am SO looking forward to a fire in the fireplace again. It has started hitting me in the last week. I am continuing to enjoy the season we are in because time flies fast enough, but I am looking forward to the coziness again. I'll have to get my fireplace picture back out. :)

Well, my cat wants my attention and there are clothes I need to take out of the washing machine and hang up to dry. Hope everyone has a blessed day and I will really try to do better about blogging. :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

The spider photo is really cool, but spiders give me the creeps! I can't wait to hear how you do with your nature photos in the contest, I bet you'll do great. Amy