Friday, September 08, 2006

9/8/06

It is Friday and I am thankful for a break. :) Not that this week has been bad... it is just nice to be able to be in a different routine.

I need to say that I am so blessed with the two sweet children we have. We got home late today (after 5:00) because of all of the silly day I had and I was pooped. I knew I needed to clean this afternoon because we are going to Steve's Dad's house tomorrow and there wouldn't be time. Well, my sweet children, who knew they had jobs to do anyway, took it upon themselves to go above and beyond to help me out and did it with a smile. Not only have they been at school all day like me (since 6:45) but they came home and did what was asked of them without a complaint. They are learning and growing so much in this area. We still have our moments, don't think my children are perfect. LOL BUT.... they complain so much less than a lot of kids I know. They are precious, precious children of which I am SO THANKFUL to the Lord.

Another thing I am proud of is that Wesley is reading much better. Last night Steve and a friend from church installed our new door out to the deck area. The other one had rotted at the bottom so we bought one of those that should not rot...ever. Well, while they were hammering and knocking and making all kinds of noise, Wesley read me his book and stayed focused with me. He only looked up a couple of times, but so did I, and the pictures in the book were the only thing that "got" him. Even they didn't get him as badly this time, though. He was so proud of himself when I kept going on and on about how that was the best I have heard him read. He wanted me to go with him to tell his teacher today. She was tickled, too. Mikayla Girl is just becoming an awesome reader. I am so thankful for how far they have come in a year. Last year this time I thought I was going to pull my hair out!! :)

I just had to brag on them a little bit. :)

I have no idea what we are doing for supper. Wesley is now vacuuming and Mikayla will have to do it next. At least my house is cleaner than it was at 5:00. :) They will have to eat something, get a quick bath and then read to me (and me read to them) before bedtime. Lot's to do in a little bit of time. :)

Have a super day!

1 comment:

Amy said...

You have two sweet, adorable kiddos!