Saturday, September 09, 2006

9/9/06

We went to Steve's Dads today to celebrate Steve's and his brother's birthdays. It was a beautiful day and we enjoyed it a lot. We went on a boat ride and I got wet... I was looking through the lens of my camera taking pictures of some boaters on the lake, when all of a sudden a LARGE splash of water came from NO WHERE and got me, my camera and Steve soaking wet. My hair was looking lovely. (In fact, my father-in-law kept kidding me about it... I know he is reading this and laughing....) Anyway, thankfully my camera was not harmed but it scared the mess out of me!!

I took some really pretty pictures that I'll be posting on my blog through the posts ahead. The ones today are of the kids with their catfish they caught. Mikayla desperately wanted to catch a catfish and that was the second fish she caught. Wesley caught the first fish of the day...which was this good sized catfish. It was a lot of fun watching them. Remember, you can click on the photos to see them bigger.

I went on a photography hunt today. It was WONDERFUL to go around looking for things of which to take pictures. I kept poking along slowly with my camera looking at the small stuff. I found some interesting things that I have no idea what they were, though. One of them were these cone like things on a tree that wasn't a pine tree! It was quite interesting. I liked them so I figured they would be a neat picture. I haven't been able to go around taking pictures like that since school has started so it was a nice "in my element" moment I was having. lol I couldn't wait to get home and upload them to see them bigger. Some of them turned out beyond my expectations when I took them. Others looked like I thought and need to be deleted. hee hee BUT..you know I have learned that a photographer might take 100 pictures and only like 10 of them. That is so true. Steve told me I had taken "enough" pictures of the ducks. Well, the last few are the ones I liked so if I had stopped at one I wouldn't have gotten the shots I liked. (Those pictures will have to come in a later post...)

Well, I need to go and get myself ready for Sunday. I am going to go read...I think I can get past 2 lines tonight. I haven't read much the last couple of nights because I have been so sleepy. It is comical, actually.

Have a good day! :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

That's a big fish that Wesley caught! The pic of Mikaela with her fish is precious!

I know we'd have so much fun going on photo hunting exhibitions!