Saturday, August 26, 2006

Been busy

What a week this has been! With it being the first full week of school everything has begun fully and my body is feeling it. I have been having to stay late every day due to things that have had to occur in the afternoon. I haven't gotten home much before 5:30 or 6:00 each night. That gives me time to try to eat something that my sweet husband usually fixes, get the kids ready for bed, have them read to me and then collapse. Of course, some nights I have squeezed in grading papers before falling out.

It has been a bit of a tough week in other ways, too. We found out on Wednesday that my adopted Grandfather had passed away. He had been living with lung cancer and emphysema. We went to his funeral on Friday and it was really sweet. We are so thankful he is no longer suffering and is with his Savior, but we will still miss him. We went to visit my adopted Grandmother today and spent some time with her. She is missing him so.

Also on Wednesday we found out our Youth Pastor at church has a brain tumor. This was so unexpected, but because of last Sunday when he preached it made sense. He has been having headaches for almost two weeks now and then he preached in the morning service last Sunday and it was very strange. He acted confused and kept repeating things but we thought it was due to him having a new baby at home. (Their baby is 5 weeks old) He just seemed flustered. Well, we found out the tumor is a baseball sized tumor on his frontal lobe which affects speech. They don't know it it is cancerous or not, but will find out more next week when they perform the operation. Please keep him in your prayers. His name is Mike.

Yet another thing we found out on Wednesday was that Miss Pearl was back in the hospital because she is not taking her meds. We found out at the end of the week that she was in ICU. That makes me so sad.

I found out today that a guy I dated in highschool and who was actually my best friend my Senior year has a rare lymphoma cancer. He is one year younger than me. He lives in Missouri now with his wife and young children. His name is Allen... if you can, pray for him as well.

As you can see this week has been a bit overwhelming for me. Between school and all of these sicknesses it can get to you. I have just kept reminding myself to look to the Lord and allow Him to work on these things. There is nothing I can do myself except pray. I know He has all of these people in the palm of His hands and He is the Great Physician.

I have just finished counting labels for school and am going to try and read. I haven't read all week...I surely wouldn't get very far if I had tried because I have been so tired. Hopefully tomorrow will be the start of a much brighter week. It is Steve's birthday so I will be celebrating him.

Have a good evening...

1 comment:

Amy said...

Kellie, I'm praying for everyone you mentioned. What a week you've had... Amy