Friday, September 15, 2006

9/15/06

Has it already almost been a week since I posted?? Time just flies so quickly now. If I am not getting home late I am grading papers at night...or folding clothes like last night. LOTS of clothes. lol

Today's picture is one I took at the lake last weekend. I am trying to work on off-centering certain things in my pictures. One of my friends is trying to teach me that and it does make for an interesting picture. I kind of liked this one. It gave a different perspective on a flower I have taken pictures of so many times.

It has been a fun week at school but yet a tiring one. I am glad it is the weekend.

We had some friends over for supper tonight. Yes, I actually cooked....do not faint. It was a fun evening of talking and laughing. My sweet family kicked in and helped me clean the house while I was cooking...tag team. I am blessed with my family. :)

Wesley and Mikayla got their first progress reports this week. They did AWESOME. It continues to show that we made the right decision with holding them back. Of course, Wesley lost his sticker yesterday for pinching a little girl at lunch. Now, I can laugh about it now because I know it wasn't intentionally done to hurt her. He just wasn't thinking and did it as if he were playing around with Mikayla. Well, we let him know it was serious and he needed to think and what not, but behind closed doors I had to chuckle. He is getting so goofy and comical now that sometimes I wonder about him. (Unfortunately, I remember myself doing some of the same things and seeing it through him causes me to shudder....ha!) He can act so funny sometimes but then not know when to cut it off and that is what got him in trouble yesterday. Apparently, Mikayla got so upset that he got in trouble that she was crying hysterically and her teacher had to hold her to calm her down. She hates for him to get into trouble. I told her last night that she had to understand that Wesley is going to make choices and she has to move past getting so emotional over them. It was sweet, though.

I walked in to wake them up this morning only to find that Wesley had made his way from his room to her room in the middle of the night. There they were as sweet as can be sleeping beside each other. When I asked them about it this morning, they both had their eyes closed and just smiled when they responded. How could you get "mad" over something like that? lol It truly is precious and I am thankful they have such a close relationship.

Well, I am finding my eyelids are getting heavier and heavier. I think it is time for some much needed rest. I am so thankful tomorrow is Saturday. I am hoping to get all of my journaling caught up and start on some more pages. lol (yeah, in my dreams...) Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Amy said...

It is so sweet that they love each other so much. So, what did you make for dinner??