Saturday, July 29, 2006

14 years ago today...

Fourteen years ago today... about this time (8:30 pm), Steve asked me to marry him on my parents deck. It was a Wednesday night and he was as nervous as he was on our first date. I can't believe it has been fourteen years, though. I am thankful for the moment he got down on one knee and asked me to be his bride. I don't love him now like I did then, though... I love him so much more. Ten months later we were married. I am so thankful for that sweet man of mine.

I got to do a lot of scrapbooking today. I am now seeing a bright light at the end of the tunnel of vacation pictures. :) I am almost finished getting them scrapped. I am pretty tickled. Now comes the journaling part. LOL

We went to a cook out this afternoon with all of the teachers I teach with. It was a nice time and the kids got to swim in the pool. Unfortunately, Steve got paged and couldn't go with us. I felt like half of me was missing the whole evening. I was glad to be able to leave and come home to be where he was.

I took the picture for today at a local nature park. It is simple, but I like it. :)

Well, I need to go spend some time with my sweet man and those silly kids before they go to bed. There also may be a bowl of icecream in my future.... hee hee

No comments: