Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Slow Motion

Today I am in such slow motion. I think the beach yesterday wore me out as well as made me lazy!!! I got some stuff accomplished today but I was just in a funk. I am thinking, too, it is because I know summer is almost over. Our day at the beach is always right before school starts again. I enjoyed watching the colors that would come out of the ocean when the sun hit it yesterday. This picture shows a lot, but not like it was in person. It was great.

May I just say I took a TON of pictures in Pennsylvania? Now, I realize I did...but when I began to scrap the things...there is NO END TO THEM! lol I am finally finished with Hershey Gardens and now starting on the Amish. I have a zillion of those pictures and am just making it simple because I want the pictures to be the "star" and not all that stuff around them. I am hoping to see a light at the end of the tunnel later on tonight. lol

Steve went out on a "stake out" last night. No one came in the yard; however, he did hear voices from the neighborhood next door and saw people get in a car and then go slowly by our driveway. I think he even said they had almost stopped but went on. It makes us think they are the ones that did the doughnuts in our yard. We might see what we can find out tonight. Steve is going to buy that thing for the end of our driveway that will alarm us if anyone comes up the driveway. We have such a long one that I think that will be beneficial anyway.

We snapped string beans today. The picture is of the kids finishing with them. We all worked on them. That green bowl was "over- flowing" with string beans when we began. It was actually a nice time together because we talked about a lot of different stuff. I enjoyed it, anyway. :) We ate them for supper and they were so good. I am thankful for them!

I guess I need to hear the kids read before they get to bed. I also need to read to them! We'll also look at our map together. I am teaching them the continents and such. They are getting them pretty well!! We didn't get to do it last night or the night before so we've missed out. Of course, me sitting here typing isn't getting any of that done so I am off to "educate".... hee hee

No comments: