Thursday, July 13, 2006

A Little Project

I gave myself a little project yesterday. :) I have found that a couple of pictures in my kitchen just weren't doing a thing for the area anymore. I noticed it when I was cleaning out, but was just wanting to be content with what I had. Well, I was at Walmart the other day and saw these neat black wooden frames that would make colorful pictures POP. I got the idea, yesterday, of doing that in our kitchen and taking pictures of vegetables and vegetation/flowers to fill in the areas. I went on a "journey" last night to our garden and my parent's garden. Unfortunately, there were no RED tomatoes....and I really wanted a picture of a tomato, but that is OK. :) I had to improvise. I took some pictures of my brother's herbs, my Mom's plants and our squash. Everything else we had in our garden was basically green and I didn't want many of those. I also used some pictures of flowers I had taken before. Well, I got them printed today and got the frames and this is what I got!! I am really excited over them and feel like they add a lot to the kitchen. I told Steve that I take so many pictures of things and never use them for anything!! I wanted to start showing them off in the right way. (I know these aren't the best pictures of the frames, but I had to do it quickly before I got the kids in bed. lol)

I found another frame today when I was out that has 8 sections to it that would be perfect for black and white pictures of Wesley and Mikayla as well as pictures of their hands and feet. I have been noticing how much their little feet aren't staying so little anymore and I am wanting to capture it. I know in a couple of years they will look a lot larger. lol I'll try to work on taking those tomorrow. :)

We went to the pool today with some friends. It was nice for the kids but, boy, was it HOT. It is definitely SUMMERTIME around here, now. lol I didn't get a lot of things accomplished that I wanted to do, but it really was a fun day for the munchkins.

Tonight I was reading to them from some new books I have just gotten from the Institute for Creation Research. I want them to start understanding and learning how they were made and why the earth is like it is today...and it isn't from billions of years of evolution, either!! It has been exciting for me to teach it to them. We are also looking at a big world atlas and I am trying to teach them the different parts of the continents, oceans, etc. Wesley is LOVING it and Mikayla really seems to enjoy it, too.

Well, I have to go get some other stuff done. Tell me what you think of my pictures on the wall in the kitchen. I am pretty pleased. :) Have a great day!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Kellie, FABULOUS job on the photos and framing, they look just wonderful! Your photography is an inspiration for me to continue to try to get better at my photography.

Thank you for the link to the book. I'm going to check it out for our hs'ing. I also teach my girls the same things, but we sure are going against popular belief and I want to make sure the girls are strong in their knowledge so they can back it all up with facts. So many people are appalled that I teach creation, not evolution.

Jennifer Stewart said...

This is SUCH A WONDERFUL IDEA, Kellie! I just love it! The frames and photos look beautiful. And how neat to have something meaningful in the kitchen to look at. :)

Jennifer