Saturday, July 08, 2006

Saturday * Summer * Fun Day

I just am loving my summer. I love being home and not having to be on a major schedule. (Now, I still love my schedule as far as getting things done and all, but not having to be so stressed with it all.) I am loving being a "stay at home" Mom for a short season. I am amazed, this summer especially, how nice it is. I guess that is why I am not wanting to rush anything.

Steve and I didn't get to go to the movie last night because it was already sold out. No biggie...we just went out to eat and then walked around the mall. I just enjoyed being WITH him. You know, he is such a special man. He truly is the best friend that I have and I thank the Lord for him. I am thankful for how many things he does for me and with me as well as how he is always there.

We had to run and find a new door to our deck today because ours is beginning to rot...joy. NOT a fun thing to have to deal with, but at least we can fix it. I am glad Steve knows what to do with that type of thing because I am oblivious. lol

I was vacuuming like a wild woman today. This past week we purchased one of those Rainbow Vacuum cleaners. I wasn't planning on it, but when I saw what those things pick up and how well they do I knew it would benefit us. Mikayla and Steve have allergies and I just want my house cleaner! I am obsessed with it right now. I can't believe how much dirt was in this house after I have been vacuuming for a month now. lol I went around vacuuming our bed mattresses and comforters today. (I realize I just went on a tangent in this paragraph, but bear with me....I love to get rid of dirt. lol)

When the kids got home from Mom and Dad's today they played outside. Wesley walked home first and wanted to "help" Steve cut grass. Then, Mikayla came on home and they played with the water hose. They had a blast...and I got to be a part of it, too. hee hee They asked me to come and spray them so I obliged... hee hee Mikayla loved it, but didn't at the same time. She said the water was too cold. It wasn't as hot and humid today so I know it was colder. She enjoyed laughing and watching us. Of course, Wesley (my child who is just like me in the zany areas) got the hose from me and started to spray ME!! I saw my OWN "evil grin" face looking back at me when he had that hose pointed at me. lol What a stinker. I had fun being out there with them. Here are a couple of pictures I took today. There are none of me getting wet, though... I didn't have time to upload them after Steve took some pics of me with Wes. They'll come another day.... maybe. ;)

Off to get the kids into bed. I'm ready to relax and have an enjoyable, quiet evening at home. I just love the laid back days of summer....

No comments: