Friday, July 28, 2006

Busy Friday

Well, I had all good intentions of posting last night but we had a TERRIBLE thunderstorm in the late afternoon which knocked out our phone line!! I couldn't call out or anything...it was dead as a door nail. It finally was fixed by this morning so I was thankful. I was also thankful we didn't have any damage from that storm. There were some lightning strikes that were a little too close for my comfort!!

The picture today is from the Hershey Gardens in PA. I can't remember if I have shown it. I really like how I was able to capture the reflection of the dragonfly in the pond. It is one of my favorites.

Today was spent cleaning this house in the morning and then running around with Mom and Daddy this afternoon. I must say that I love the sound of clothes getting washed and dried as well as the dishwasher running. I guess it is a reminder that things are getting CLEANED. Wesley and Mikayla (especially Wesley) had a harder time remembering all of his cleaning responsibilities today. He told me at one point that he was "tired of cleaning" and needed to play. Well, don't we all feel that way! I told him to get up and get moving. Because he didn't obey me the first time I told him to clean something he had triple duty.... maybe that will teach him a good lesson. :)

I really would have loved to have scrapbooked today but being with Mom and Daddy was good. I know in a couple of weeks that luxury will be gone for a while and I want to enjoy it while I can. I am finding myself really getting into the "funk" that I always seem to get in before school starts. I hate feeling this way, but my mind just keeps reminding me that my relaxed days of no stress are almost over and I hate that. I really love teaching and I know this year will be better than last since we aren't beginning school so new with Wesley and Mikayla, but I just love the slower pace. I can't believe it has been 2 months since we went to Pennsylvania. I look back now and see how quickly my summer has flown.

The kids are spending the night with Mom and Daddy tonight. Steve and I ran to school to take some stuff I had bought for my room today. I enjoy times when he can go with me like that. I just enjoy being with him.

Well, I think we're going to watch a movie and I believe a storm is coming up so I am going to close for now. Hope everyone has a great day!

No comments: