Monday, May 01, 2006

Weekend, Today and the Coloring of Hair

We went to Steve's Dad's and Step-Mom's house on Saturday. It was beautiful there and I took advantage of all of her flowers. Here is a deep purple iris in their yard. I LOVE the color of it. I took another picture of this one with another one below it that I'll have to show later. :) I took SO many pictures of all of their flowers so you will be seeing lots of them!

We had a wonderful time at their house. We got to enjoy the morning fishing and then went on a boat ride on the pontoon. I almost fell asleep on it but figured I better stay awake since my children were on board. ha! It will lull you to sleep rather quickly. On our fishing adventures I caught a catfish. :) (So did Steve... and Wesley caught two!) Mikayla caught all kinds of bream (is that how you spell it?...I am sure I will be corrected if I am not right....) Anyway, Wesley and Mikayla learned how to bait their own hooks. Did I, you ask???? WHY would you ask such a silly question????? I did not bait my hook nor take any fishes off....it is not in my blood. ha!!! I am sure Steve wishes it were, though. Bless his heart, he has to deal with me all of the time. Maybe ONE day I'll learn to do it, but it wasn't this past weekend!!!

On our way up to their place on Saturday we passed LOTS of barns and tractors. Wesley was so excited. I took advantage of one when we stopped to get crickets for bait. The barn was red and the field in front of it was "decorated" with yellow wild "weeds" and it was beautiful!! I was so excited when I saw it so I told Steve I wondered if those people would take offense if I took a picture of it. He didn't think they would so I began to "snap" away! I took quite a few shots but got just a couple that I really loved. Of course, that is the way it always is. Anyway, here is that barn! Isn't it great???? I may blow this one up and put it in Wesley's room. He is such a country boy. :)

On to today....it was a MANIC MONDAY. Mikayla didn't feel well at first because she didn't sleep well last night. Both of them have colds but hers always goes to her chest. She felt horrible this morning so we gave her medicine and Steve was going to stay home with her. Well, she got to feeling much better so he brought her on in and she was fine. Bless her heart she is still coughing, though. I hope she sleeps better tonight.

School was so busy and after school we had to go get haircuts and then meet Daddy to get Mom's Mother's Day gift. We wanted to get her something she really wanted and she wants a fountain to put on her back deck. We got the last one they had like she liked!!! It is everyone's secret, though, until after Mother's Day. :) We were going to eat Mexican tonight but Steve found out the restaurant was closed because of this Immigration Don't Go To Work Day....let's just say we were NOT happy. In MY opinion, in order to have rights you should become a citizen. I do not agree with all of this mess, but I am going to move on to other topics now...

Since I got my hair cut today I am now in the process of coloring it as I type. I am continually amazed at how much gray I have now. It's a good thing I color every month is all I have to say!!! I'm glad I can color my own hair. Loveliness is just not the word on my lips for myself at the moment, though. :) I guess I inherited my father's gene for gray hair. I don't think my brother really has any at all and he is older!!!! There is going to be "no hope" for Wesley and Mikayla....Steve and I both grayed early.

Well, since I didn't get home until after 6:30 tonight I think I will close and go "wash this gray right outta my hair..." hee hee



No comments: