Friday, May 12, 2006

Muffins with Mom

Today we had "Muffins with Mom" in Wesley and Mikayla's class. I asked Mom to come so one of them would have someone all to themselves. It was a great time especially knowing where Mom was a year ago today. People that saw her and knew where she had been with her sickness were amazed at how great she looked. It was a joy to have her there today.

We also went to see Miss Pearl this afternoon. It was WONDERFUL to find out she has been able to eat 3 meals a day for the past 2 weeks!! I was so thankful she was doing better. She had more spunk/energy and laughed a lot more today. We stayed with her over an hour. The kids were so excited to be there with her.

I have to say that on the way to see Miss Pearl we had to hear our Ronnie Milsap CD. Mikayla loves "Pure Love" and Wesley's favorite is "What a Difference You've Made in My Life." When it came on he started singing it at the top of his lungs. He had his eyes closed and was seriously into that song. hee hee...He cracked us up but we told him next time to sing it a little more quietly. hee hee

Wesley finished his work again today...the fifth day in a row! We are so proud of him. Things are finally beginning to click for both of them so we know next year will be a great year and they will come out on top instead of struggling so much.

When I got home I found a card in the mail from Mom wishing me a Happy Mother's Day. It brought tears to my eyes....I was so thankful she could be here this year to send it to me. I am finding I have been thinking about her sickness a lot this week and going back to last year. I continue to praise God for His healing touch on her. It was a nice surprise in my mailbox. :)

My house is a disaster area. lol I can't keep up with anything anymore, it seems. Between grading papers and homework it slides. Oh well...the dust and "stuff" will be there when I get out of school for the summer. I am shuddering at the thought of the job I have ahead of me, though.

Well, we are off to celebrate Wesley's achievement. I am not sure as to what we are doing, though. We are very proud of both of them and want them to know it.

Have a good day everyone...and go out and sing YOUR favorite song to the top of your lungs. lol

No comments: