Saturday, May 13, 2006

Pampered Moment

Here is another picture of flowers from Steve's Dads house. These are poppies and I loved the way they looked in the sunshine.

Today was a nice day. We began the cleaning of this house, although we didn't get extremely far. The kids had to work on gathering all of their things that were scattered from here to yon... They did a good job, though. They had both made their beds this morning before I had a chance to tell them I was going to change their sheets. They had great attitudes when I told them they'd have to put their animals and such back on their beds. I really am proud of them. I realize they aren't perfect and still have things to work on, but they do a lot more at 6 than some teenagers I know...

We had to go to Steve's sisters house for his Mom's Mother's Day time. It was nice and we got to see her new house so that was neat. We spent the afternoon there before returning home.

I had a moment of pampering tonight. I soaked my feet in really hot water and read a book. Do you want to know how long it has been since I have done something like that? I have soaked my feet in the last couple of weeks but not relaxed and read at the same time. LOL I am reading a series of books by Francine Rivers called The Mark of the Lion series. They are awesome. They are set in Rome during the time after the Romans destroyed Jerusalem...during the times of gladiators and such. I love history so these are really teaching me about that time. It is amazing what the Jewish people have suffered over the years. God has never left them, though. I am thankful He holds me as well.

I will close for now. I hope to be back to post tomorrow for Mother's Day. Enjoy your sweet moments!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Kellie, the Mark of the Lion series is my absolute favorite set of books!!! Francine Rivers is my favorite author as well, she actually lives in Sebastopol, my hometown. Have you heard of Lynn Austin? She wrote a series called "The Chronicles of the Kings" that I thoroughly enjoyed. I just finished the third one and am anxious to start the fourth, which was just released. There are a total of five. www.lynnaustin.org