Friday, May 05, 2006

Cinco de Mayo

Another view of the birdhouse from last time. This one was just a different perspective that I thought was kind of neat. :)

Today is Cinco de Mayo and I probably spelled it wrong. If I did, I know someone who will correct me. We normally celebrate that day by going to our favorite Mexican restaurant but Steve was still irritated at their immigration no work day on Monday so we didn't even bring that up. ha!

I am so thrilled it is Friday! I am just counting down the days till I have a summer break. My body is screaming for it. ha! I was SLOW in getting out of bed this morning. I am thankful for some time to do something different tomorrow. I did get a treat from one of my students today, though. I received the DVD of The Chronicles of Narnia and was SHOCKED. I was so tickled to get it because I had been wanting it. I hope to watch it with Steve this weekend because he didn't get a chance to see it in the theater when my brother and I went. :)

Tonight the kiddos wanted to sleep over and Mom and Dad's. I was thankful they could do it....a year ago today is when Mom became sick. Little did we know what she really had. I hugged her today and told her I was so thankful for what the Lord had done in this past year and that she wasn't sick this year!

Since the kids spent the night with Mom and Daddy, Steve and I took advantage and went on a much needed date. Let's just say our desire to have date nights once a month have dwindled to nothing in the last year or so. I miss that. It was very nice to go out to eat and just talk and eat...hee hee. We ate at Carrabbas and then went to Target. I found 3 CD's and bought them. One was Allison Kraus' "newest one" from 2004 and I also found James Taylor's Greatest Hits (I had been looking that one for a while...) and Simon and Garfunkel's Greatest Hits. Now, I know you must be thinking "She grew up in the late 70's and 80's! Yes, I did, but I am really loving some of that music from right before I was born through the 80's. Some of today's music I just don't "get". Could it be a generational gap thing? Who knows. All I know is I unwrapped James Taylor and we listened to that on the way home. Steve said I could listen to Simon and Garfunkel on my own time! HA!! I understand, though..he has some CD's that he has to listen on "his" time. I'll pop that one in tomorrow while I am cleaning. :)

Well, we are going to go watch some TV before resting our weary bodies from this week. I am looking forward to sleeping in a little tomorrow. It is supposed to rain some, I believe, so that will make sleeping in even nicer. :)

No comments: