Friday, May 19, 2006

De-cluttering

Well, it is Friday! Thank goodness this was the last Friday of school. :) It was pretty uneventful and more relaxing I must say. We are just doing the last stuff and it isn't that taxing. It has given me a chance to get some other things done that are required for the end of the year. Next week, for the most part, we play. :)

Here is an iris up close that I took at my Father-in-Law's house. I just love how the sun hits it. I think if you click on the picture it will be larger and you can see how it shimmers in the sunlight.

We have been de-cluttering and cleaning up again tonight. Let's just say it is after 8:30 and the kids still aren't in bed. We are working with them on getting allllll of their mess up. It is an overwhelming job and I am so thankful Steve is helping me. Steve is in there right now working with the kids on their before and after numbers. That is Wesley's weakness and it is hilarious to hear his answers. lol Steve is trying to get it to "click"...

This afternoon their teacher sat down with them with me and told them about next year. She told them that she needed them to stay with her because she has no one to teach the new children how things work. They both seemed pretty tickled. I could tell the whole time, though, that Mikayla's little teacher mind was working. After their teacher left Mikayla said "But I want to be the teacher!!!!" ha!!! I told her she had to wait until she finished college to do that....she could just be the teacher helper next year. They seem pretty excited. I loved the way she told them....she is so wonderful.

Oh, guess what I am saving up to purchase...MORE Birkenstocks! HA! The ones I want now are PINK and another black pair that is dressier for my skirts and such. I can't wait to order them. My friend and I were looking at them last night and then my other friend and I checked them out again today. I think I convinced both of them we should get them.... I need to go to Birkenstock's Anonymous. "Hi, my name is Kellie and I am addicted to Birkenstocks...." It really is addicting. hee hee

Well, sitting here typing isn't getting the other parts done. Thankfully, there is very few pieces to work on, though. I do have about 2 hours worth of clothing to iron but that "ain't gonna happen tonight!" I want to watch The Chronicles of Narnia and let Steve see it. We'll see if we can get these kids in bed soon!! I hope I can stay awake the whole time to watch it. :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

The iris is beautiful! Sounds like Mikayla and Wesley have a really special teacher. Amy :)