Sunday, May 14, 2006

Wild Weather Mother's Day

Wow...what a day it has been! We started out with storms this morning, had a break from mid-morning to right around noon or after and then have had storms all afternoon/evening! The picture to the right I took at Mom's this afternoon during the middle of storms. Wesley and Mikayla actually saw it and thought the clouds and sky looked "smooth"...lol It was rather pretty, though. You can see our house and the silos from Mom's back deck .

This Mother's Day was much better than last years when Mom had to be taken to the hospital. I was so tickled to have her sit beside us in church and be there. We took this group picture of my brother, me and the kids with her after church. We all went to a Japanese restaurant for lunch and enjoyed the time together. We surprised Mom by giving her the outside fountain she had wanted but thought had been sold out. Well, we were the ones that bought the last one! LOL She was so excited! Unfortunately because it was so stormy we couldn't present it to her the way we wanted, but she was tickled over it anyway. :)

This special day I got to wear the outfit that Wesley had picked out for me. I thought it was lovely and he was pretty tickled with it. They also surprised me with these flowers and cards that they had put on the front porch for me to find when we were going to take our group picture before church. It was a very special Mother's Day for me and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Tonight some of our storms have been quite severe. We let the kids stay up later because they were scared. We kept telling them to not worry because Jesus is always with us. That is a hard lesson to remember even for adults with the way our storms were today. Thankfully, He had His hands over us and kept us safe. It has definitely been an interesting day with the weather. The good thing is that we got A LOT of rain from this. I am thankful that the Lord is continuing to help out the drought problems. God is good.

I hope those of you who are Mother's have had a wonderful day today. We are blessed to have ones so wonderful.

No comments: