Friday, April 27, 2012

04/27/12

More beauty from the dogwood.  :)
 

Yesterday after we got home from school and Fine Arts, I told the kids we had to clean.

Our house has become quite the disastrous area in the last couple to three weeks because of everything we have had going on.  I had had enough and it was time to clean!

Upon voicing those words to my precious children, I began to notice my son sagging in his stature.  "I've been at school all day, Mom!" 
"I'm tired!"

I understood his statement... truly I did.  

I realize we had been at Fine Arts with Mikayla while he had been at school.  However, that is no different than our other Thursdays when we have cleaned after school.

As I shared that with my precious son, I noticed it didn't help.  I specifically noticed we are getting to the age of hormonal imbalances and I needed to do something about it.

I could have authoritatively voiced my expectations with a commanding voice.  (I can do that really well, you know, since I am a teacher.)

I could have gone up to him and demanded that he get busy NOW.

Instead, I saw that a different type of intervention was needed.

HUMOR.

I began to sing.

I began to share with my precious ones that I was going to "get" them.

I began to run after my precious son and chase him around the house.

We ended up having a tickle/pillow fight.

That lasted quite a while.

We laughed.

We laughed a lot.

When it was said and done I had a son who was willing to help me clean and told me that was the best time he had had all day.

I also had two children who said their mother was crazy.

Who, me????

Proverbs 17:22a
A merry heart doeth good like a medicine:


No comments: