Wednesday, April 18, 2012

04/18/12

I think this flower is called "Star of Bethlehem."  I photographed it at Old Salem a few weeks ago.  I thought it was just lovely.

Here is a quote from one of the books I read over spring break from Karen Kingsbury (Take Two).  I thought it was very thought-provoking.

"The key to life isn't looking for a safe sameness with every passing season.  It's learning to enjoy the ride, whatever the next turn in the road might bring.  Believing that God's driving, and He'll get us home safely - however bumpy the trip."

 
I can remember not so long ago where I would have thought I was doing this and allowing the Lord to lead me, but I was still wanting control of the wheel. 

It is still a daily dying to my own desires to give up that control, but I can so understand that quote in ways I never would have before the Lord taught me a few things.

Do you allow the Lord to take the wheel and drive your life or are you still trying to sit in the driver's seat?

Your ride may be hard, but it will be much safer and have a much better outcome with God at the wheel!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hum... I just typed a comment but not sure it went through... so I will post again.... might be a bit different than the last, just giggle if you get two comments. Guess it means God wants to really make a point!
Love this post! It really hit home! I love the way you allow God to take you down the bumpy path. You are such an example of letting God take the wheel.
Ashley and I were just in a pretty serious car accident on good Friday. We left with minor injuries - concussions, dislocated shoulder - but I learned that I would rather take the bumpy road with God in control than the straight and easy path! I prayed for you today, you are such a gem, and our family LOVES you!

Amy Alford