Thursday, April 19, 2012

04/19/12

Here are some maple blooms and leaves just beginning to open.  I enjoyed photographing them a few weeks back.  I do love spring.
 

As I read the book I mentioned yesterday (Take Two by Karen Kingsbury), I was struck with how quickly the years of rearing our children for the Lord can be destroyed with choices they make as they enter the world.  There are two college girls that are Christians - one that stays close to the Lord and another who wants to live "freely" and forget all that she had been taught.  It gave me a new perspective to how closely I need to be seeking the Lord daily and praying for my own two before they get out in this world.

Wesley and Mikayla live a much more sheltered life than a lot of kids their age.  I do not regret one bit of that.  

However, I also know that Satan is out there lurking and wanting to see our children fall away from God as soon as they enter the world.  

Steve and I have a huge responsibility to lead, guide, and direct our children to make choices that are pleasing to the Lord.  

Our world we live in is a scary place.

I have 7 years before ours enter that world of college, but they will be bombarded with lots in the coming years.

What if they don't make wise choices?  What if they are like the character in the book I just read and fall away from the Lord and go to the snares of the world?

What am I to do?

Pray.

Pray with everything I have and cry out to the Lord to keep my children pure and keep them close to Him.

I can't control their choices, but I can pray for them to make right choices.

This is a battle we fight ourselves, but also a battle we fight as parents for our children.

I have to give them to the Lord.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

I LOVE that you don't regret "sheltering" them. Me neither!!! You are such a good mom and so wise to acknowledge the fact that we can't control their choices ... just PRAY!
Sigh. It sure goes by fast, doesn't it??