Sunday, June 17, 2007

06/17/07

We are officially back from Savannah! We got back yesterday around 3:30 and we were tired. It was a wonderful trip of which I'll share more later.

We got word yesterday morning that our Youth Pastor, Mike McCaskill, went home to be with the Lord early yesterday. While we are deeply saddened over the loss, we know he is with his Lord and Savior. We had a day of remembering and rejoicing over his life today at church. Tomorrow is the official memorial service and Wednesday he will be laid to rest in Tennessee. What a testimony the whole family has been through all of this. They have trusted the Lord through it all and continue to praise Him for what He has done through Mike's sickness and now homegoing. It was just 9 short weeks ago that I was at their house taking pictures of their daughter and Wesley was hanging out on the couch with Mike watching cartoons. They got the news his tumor had come back later that week. God was with them the entire time and, even though we do not understand why, we know WHO is in control and WHO sees the whole picture. I know my faith has grown watching them and I know their example will continue to lead other people to Christ. God will use this for His glory.

When I get a bit of time and my computer cooperates, I will work on getting some photos from Savannah. I really tried to think outside of the box, but not sure if I succeeded. As I said before I will share more on our trip later.

The rose I have posted today is in memory of Mike. He told me that last day I visited with them that his favorite flower was a red rose. Please continue to pray for the McCaskill family. There will be hard days ahead but through Christ's strength they will make it through. We can't do anything without Christ.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Kellie, I'm saddened to read about your youth pastor, but will keep his family in my prayers. Hugs, Amy

Amy said...

I'm also looking forward to seeing the photos you took in Savannah!