Tuesday, June 05, 2007

06/05/07

This picture today is of the daisies by our front porch. I am not as impressed with this shot as it wasn't clear enough. It was one of the first flowers I took with my new lens when I was trying it out. It's not horrible but it isn't that great either. lol

Another day of cleaning but I think we are done with the heavy stuff!! We worked on baseboards and doors today. I also took care of a few walls that needed some fingerprint smudge taken off. lol The kids were in charge of the baseboards... and I checked behind them on some of them. I was glad to get that behind us and it was good for the kids to learn. Wesley goofed off more than Mikayla but that is so him right now. We are constantly on him to "calm down" because he is so goofy. I know it is his age...

I had to go to the dentist today at 2:00. I was so involved in getting the doors and baseboards cleaned that I looked up and it was 12:45 and I hadn't showered or eaten lunch yet! My dentist is around 30 minutes away from us!! I threw some lunch on the table for the kids and jumped in the shower. I was barely presentable but I figured they were going to be looking in my mouth not at what I looked like. lol I had to get a filling replaced. I was numb all the way to the bottom of my eye and half my nose because the tooth was in the upper back part of my mouth. It felt really weird! I ran a few errands after that and got an iced cafe mocha for "lunch" and had a few issues sucking through that straw. LOL

We went to Bath and Body Works while we were at the mall. They are having their Semi-Annual sale so I went to get some deals on some of the shower gels they no longer carry on a regular basis. I also wanted some new perfume. I went around that store I don't know how many times spraying different scents into the air. I even sprayed one I liked on Mikayla's arm and another on my arm and kept trying to figure out which one I liked better. lol I decided on one called "Breathe - Romance" or something like that. After it stayed on my skin a while it seemed to smell nicely. You never know about perfumes, you know... they can smell great in the bottle and then not mesh with your body chemistry. ha!!! I didn't want to stink! I inhaled so many different scents, though, that I didn't know which was what. Thankfully I figured it out with my trusty helper Mikayla. :) Wesley was just along for the ride.

Wesley and I had already cooked supper this morning. We had tacos tonight so Wesley helped me make the sauce and then we put it in the crock pot to "soak in" all day. It was quite yummy. :)

Have I said lately how wonderful it is to be home and have a clean house? Just didn't want you to forget it. hee hee

Tonight I have to iron. I am quite proud of myself because normally it gets stacked up for a while but I decided to do better about that, at least for the summer when I have time. I just hate to iron so that is why is piles up a lot.

Tomorrow I am taking photos of a 2 month old. I had told the Mom before the baby was born that I would do this as her gift. I really hope they turn out. I am getting more and more nervous about the wedding and all so I hope these turn out for her the way she wants them... and the way I am envisioning them.

Well, I need to get Wesley out of the tub and Mikayla IN the tub. :) Have a terrific evening!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Gosh, I need you to come visit my house, it needs some deep cleaning! I drove by BBW this evening and saw the sale signs, I wish I had stopped. Have fun photographing the baby! Btw, congrats on your weight loss, I'm not sure if I've commented before. Are you just watching what you eat?