Wednesday, June 20, 2007

06/20/07

Well...today is my birthday. It is just another day, really, but I find each year that I can't believe I am as old as I remember my parents being when I was a child. HA!!! It is amazing how young and inexperienced I feel yet my age tells me differently. Didn't I just graduate from highschool??? Of course, there are certain signs that continue to let me know I am not the spring chicken I used to be. The aches and pains and memory problems are some. hee hee... Honestly, though, I am thankful for another year with which the Lord has blessed me. Life is a gift and we must not waste it.

Today I plan on hanging around with Wesley and Mikayla and just enjoying the day. I have regular things to do like laundry and dishes as well.

Monday night I took photos of the couple whose wedding I am photographing in 2 1/2 weeks. I had a great time doing it. I even got a little creative with their wedding rings. I totally cannot take all of the credit for coming up with these thoughts, but I did see examples of them and decided to try them out. It was quite neat. I love each of them for different reasons.

I haven't forgotten to mention our trip to Savannah. The trip was great and we enjoyed learning about a new place. I continue to find that I am not a "city" girl at heart even though my farm girl ways aren't like they used to be. I just can't handle the noise and hustle and bustle of the city. It is fine to visit and I enjoy the experience, but I would not want to make that my home. It just makes me more thankful for where we live. The walking tours we did around the city were great. I enjoyed learning of the history of the city... even though I don't quite remember it all. They say you have to hear something 7 times to fully remember it. There were lots of things I heard only once so this visual learner didn't grasp it all. We went to Tybee Island on Friday and saw the lighthouse there. We also climbed it. I am finding more and more that I am afraid of heights. lol I got up to the top and thought I was going to be great but when I got out on the balcony I got a little woozy... I finally got my wooziness under control and could enjoy it a little more. My Daddy laughed at me and said I was becoming more and more like my Mom. (She never climbs stuff because of this. lol) My kids on the other hand were not afraid at all. NO fear whatsoever. Mikayla was the one who was beating us "old" folk to the top. We had to keep telling her to slow down. Wesley was right behind her. We decided to pace ourselves so as not to make other people look bad...yeah, right!! We also went to Fort Pulaski which was near Tybee and it was wonderful. I loved the historical part of how we southerners tried to hold on to it but the Union soldiers defeated us with new artillery. It was amazing to see the affect it took on the fort. I loved every part of that.

We went on a Ghost Tour as well. There were some interesting tales coming out of Savannah! I learned there are certain houses that I don't believe I would want to spend any time there. ha! Our tour guide was definitely dramatic with it and she did a good job.

This past Monday was our Youth Pastor's funeral. It is still hard to believe he is gone. The funeral was a celebration of his life and gave a clear presentation of the Gospel. The family is having his funeral and burial in his hometown today. I pray that they are doing well through it all. You could definitely tell the peace of the Lord was on them on Monday. They held up remarkably well.

I guess I need to go enjoy my day. :) Enjoy yours as well and thank the Lord for giving you another one!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Happy, Happy Day!!! Sounds like a nice relaxing day. The photos of the wedding rings are gorgeous, my favorite is the one set in the bible. The photos from your trip to Savannah are great too, I like the lighthouse one the best.