Monday, June 04, 2007

06/04/07

I was trying to think outside of the box today. Y'all know I am so in the box I need seriously sharp box cutters to get me out. Well, I had put some flowers in this vase and LOVED the way the air bubbles were all around the stem. It reminded me of a photo one of my online friends had done in her blog (Just Being Aimlyss -------->) and I thought I'd give it a shot. I took the first one straight on and the second one I stood in a chair to get a different perspective. What do you think?

We cleaned again today. I have pretty much finished with the deep cleaning of the vacuum. I would have done the kids rooms but there is so much stuff in there I just didn't have it in me today. LOL They had to continue to help me clean but also got some play time. Unfortunately for Mr. Wesley he didn't clean his room and hang up his clothes like I told him so he missed watching a movie this afternoon. He had to clean instead. He was NOT happy but I had warned him enough times. I think it hit home. :) Mikayla enjoyed watching Charlotte's Web. That is really the sweetest movie.

I cooked again tonight. I just can't say enough how nice it feels to have the energy and desire to cook for my family. Mikayla Girl helped me cook (see picture!). I told Wesley he could help me with tomorrow's supper. She loves to help and she loves to wash dishes. I know I need to start teaching her these things (Wesley, too!) so I know this is the summer to begin it.

I am loving looking around my house and seeing it clean. It brings much joy to my heart. :)

I took a picture of a hummingbird today. It wasn't the greatest but not bad for my first try. The wings were going so fast that they didn't even show up in the picture!!!

Earlier today when Wesley and Mikayla were working on their summer books they began to have a conversation about what they wanted to name their kids one day. Mikayla likes the name Grace (wonder why??? ha!) and then Wesley said "I like Arlena. I think that is a pretty name." I didn't want to laugh but that was too cute. He was dead serious. I am sure his wife will help him change his mind. Of course, I may have to eat my words, too!!

Well, I am off to eat a little snack. I need to iron, too, but may do that in the morning. Enjoy your evening!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Kellie, I think you did great on your bubble pics! I love the way the light is reflecting on the glass in the second photo. So aside from the bubble action, that is very cool and not in the first photo, must have been the angle.

Mikaela is so cute, Anika always likes to help me like that and it is sweet. Allyson has lost all tv/computer today because her room is such a mess, she's working on it right now.

Your new lens did great on the hummingbird! I always scare them away. To see the wings, you need to up your shutter speed. I can give you that advice, but I will forget next time I try. Ha-ha!!! I get in th moment of catching the shot.

Amy said...

That last sentence should read 'I get caught up in the moment of catching the shot.'