Sunday, June 03, 2007

06/03/07

Today's flower is an amaryllis I took in Mom's yard last week. I was excited that I could get up this close with my new lens. I love these flowers!!

Whew...there has been some cleaning going on at this house!! I still am not finished but am feeling better about certain areas. I'll begin again tomorrow.
Last week was a combination of cleaning and a little bit of play time. I took the kids to the park on Thursday with one of my friends children. They had a great time. The humidity was low and that made the day even nicer. :)

I have been working with the kids on helping me clean. I must say that overall they have had a great attitude. They helped me by cleaning out the van Friday. The only problem was they left all that was inside the van all around the outside. ha!! They had to clean that up yesterday.

I went to get groceries yesterday and since we were out of most things I almost had to mortgage the house to pay for the bill!! Don't you just hate that? I was glad to get stocked up on a few things. I plan on cooking some for my family this week. That really is a nice feeling to want to do that again.

We have enjoyed a day or so of rain around here thanks to the tropical storm the Lord sent our way. We have been enjoying the sound of rain and thunder. That is part of what makes summer so memorable. It seems as if the garden and flowers have perked up a bit since the rain. We received over an inch. We just thank the Lord for all He sends.

You know, speaking a bit on that... you hear so much about global warming. I have been reading up on it from The Institute for Creation Research (link on my sidebar) to see what they have to say. Basically, it boils down to this: God did not make this world without "checks and balances" and is not going to let this earth go. He is still on the throne, He is still in control (whether evolutionists want to believe the truth or not) and I am going to put my faith in HIM. Not in what some evolutionist scientist has to say about the world's demise that they really have no clue about what will happen. I know that the Bible talks about this earth will one day be burnt away with a fervent heat and there will be a new Heaven and a new Earth. Do we need to take care of the Creation God has made for us? ABSOLUTELY. It doesn't mean that He has left us or the Creation to fend for ourselves. I don't have to worry either way because I am safely and securely in the palm of God's Hands and I know He will never leave me nor forsake me.

Coming from a person who does her best to understand science through a Christian world view that is my take. I don't claim to know all of the answers but I know Who holds all of the answers and where to find them: The Bible.

Ok...off my soap box now.

On Thursday we had the joy of seeing a bunny in our back flowerbed! I was making up the bed in our room when I saw it. It was the cutest thing and Wesley and Mikayla were quite excited. I tried to take some photos of it through our bedroom window but they didn't turn out great. We did get to go out and sit on the deck and I took these. They are with my new lens. I am still learning with it, but was tickled that I could get this close.

Well, off to spend some time with our friends. We are celebrating their daughter's 17th birthday. We can't believe she is that old... Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

Amy said...

What a pretty flower and especially love your first bunny photo. I saw one in my yard a couple of days ago, so cute, but the little stinker had dug up my yard! I agree with you on the global warming issue. I get the daily emails from the Creation Institute and they're so interesting to read, I always learn something new.