Monday, June 11, 2007

06/11/07

We are off to Savannah, Georgia later this afternoon!! We are going with my parents and brother... my brother gave this trip to us as his birthday gift to all of us!! We have been cleaning and making last minute stops before we are off. I am SO excited and am looking forward to learning about the history as well as see some beautiful things. You KNOW I'll be taking lots of photos!!

This past weekend was busy making preparations for the trip. We are all packed for the most part but I do have a few other things to throw in. Yesterday was my brother's birthday. We celebrated as best as we could without having too many leftovers. ha!! We didn't want a lot of food in the fridges for when we all are gone!!

Mikayla lost her third tooth yesterday.... one of her top ones. She looks so cute with it missing. We were calling her "gappy" because she had a space where the tooth was loose and moving already. Well, now we call her "spacey"... hee hee... Her permanent tooth is already coming in. That tooth had been needing to come out for around 2 weeks now. It was literally hanging on by a thread!!

I took the photos of the 2 month old last Wednesday. The "session" went as well as could be expected, I guess, for my first one. The Mom loved the photos so that is all that matters. I do have some improving to do, though!

On Friday I took my best friend's daugther's Senior pictures. It took me quite a while to go through those because I took around 168 of them! I have given her the CD of them so when I get back from Savannah she can tell me which ones she wants. I was so in my "element" when I was photographing her. It is hard to tell a two month old what to do but I can tell a young child to an adult! LOL

Well, I need to finish cleaning and packing for the trip. Have a great week, everyone, and I'll be posting when I return!! Enjoy today's summer flower picture!! It is a poppy that Steve planted in our new "perennial garden." I liked the way this looked. :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Have fun in Georgia! The little bud in that last photo is so cute. :)