Monday, October 23, 2006

10/23/06

Some last views of the ferris wheel. The fair is officially over and that makes me sad. I surely do love it and always hate when it is over. I took these the last night we were there. I thought the one of it moving was pretty neat. :) When I went out there today to get my stuff I had entered it was so sad looking. Most of the rides had already been packed up and everything. It is amazing how quickly they do all of that stuff. Anyway, this is the last ride we rode with Daddy before we left that night. It is our tradition. :)

My sweet husband is finally back home and I am glad. I surely did miss him. Yesterday the kids were so wild I thought I was going to hide under the bed, but I just put them to bed EARLY and they went right to sleep. I think they had gone beyond tired and were acting beyond goofy. :) Steve came in not long after I had put them to bed so he didn't get to see them till this morning. He hated he didn't get to see them but knew why I had put them to bed early. ha!!!

I finally gave my aunt all of her pictures from her farm. After I picked up my photo from the fair I went straight to her house and gave her the album and the photo. I think she really liked it. She was quite shocked, but I know how much that place meant to ME let alone her and her family. Her daughter was there and I was able to give her the gift I had made for her as well so it was pretty special. We toured her new home. It is beautiful and I am glad she has such a nice place to be. I am also so thankful I chose to take those pictures of her true home. They will always be close to her heart. It brought tears to my eyes when I gave it to her.

We got back news today about our fireplace. We had the chimney swift (?) come and clean the chimney today. Our flue (is that how you spell it???) is messed up and that is why it has smoked when the wind blew too hard all of these years. He said the guy that used to clean our chimney should have caught that long ago. Long story short...we can't use the fireplace as it is now. He did, however, say we could get a stove insert and use that. Now, OK, I understand but BOY was that a hard pill to swallow. I wanted to throw up...literally. As y'all know I LOVE my fireplace and the beauty it brings. I just don't know what we are going to do about it. I just need to pray and ask the Lord to guide us. It just wasn't what I was expecting to hear. BUT...when would that ever be something good to hear? We just have to make the best of it and move on. I am just glad I took that glorious picture of my wonderful fire in the fireplace last year. Don't be surprised if you see that often....

OK..enough of this. :) I need to get to bed before my eyes drop. It will be morning before I know it... Have a great one!

No comments: