Sunday, August 06, 2006

Beautiful Sunday

Here is a picture of our squash before it stopped growing and Steve had to pull them up. This is one of the photos from my kitchen "project" I did a few weeks ago. I love this picture. :)

Wow...today was just wonderful. Not only was it the Lord's Day but it was a beautiful, blue skied, less humid, breezy kind of day. This afternoon was just a perfect afternoon.

It's been a fun weekend. My "Girls Night IN" was awesome and a lot of fun. Mikayla got to have her first sleep over with friends and Wesley had to learn that he couldn't always get to go. It was hard for him but we tried to make it special. He got to sleep in our bed (let's just say the boy is getting some legs on him and we really don't have room!) and then he got chocolate milk yesterday morning and spent a majority of the day with his Daddy. They had a "Boys day" and Steve bought him a new golf club... a 3 Wood... and he is tickled to death with it. Steve took him to the driving range yesterday afternoon and was working with him on his swing. I am excited that he wants to play golf. That excites Steve, too. He is actually pretty good at it! I watched him yesterday afternoon and this afternoon, too. I think he is still out there working on it. He even put a hoe down with the handle giving him a straight line so he could focus on where to send the ball. I thought that was quite smart! He didn't always hit it that way, but it was the thinking that counted! lol

Mikayla had a wonderful time at her sleep over and didn't come home till late. She even said she "didn't want to come home" because she was having such a great time. Let's just say that kind of hurt. I realize she is social and just like I was in that area, but it hurts to hear your child say home is no fun. lol She'll learn that home is just as wonderful and special even though we don't have all the latest American Girl doll stuff. LOL I tell you, though, she is getting to be a pistol.... more than I was as a child. She is so strong-willed. I am thankful for that in a way because I know she'll be a leader, but she can get in some of the strangest moods. LOL Welcome to girl-hood... Wesley is so much easier to handle in that respect. I just want to turn that strong-willed personality into something that the Lord will bless and other people will respect. I truly need the Lord's guidance with that because she is so much like I was. It is actually scary when you see yourself in your children so strongly. I tell people all of the time that the kids may look like Steve but they act like ME. How humbling.

Well, I only have 2 days of summer vacation left. I can honestly say I am OK with going back and feel so much more ready than I did last year at this time. I feel like I have had a restful break and one that has rejuvenated me. I am not looking forward to the rat race of it all, but I think with me having a healthier emotional well-being (last year was SO hard with that...) it will be less stressful. Plus, with the kids repeating Kindergarten I know we will continue to see the growth in both of them. I just know it is going to be a great year.

Well, I need to get back outside and watch Wesley a little more before they get ready for bed. Enjoy your day and be thankful for it!

No comments: