Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Nerves

Today's picture was taken at the local nature park I went to a couple of weeks ago. I think it turned out pretty neat. I believe I may enter this one in that wildlife contest.

My nerves are shot. I just started school yesterday and was so tired. It has been a long weekend of getting my room ready and trying to make sure everything is in place for the students. The first day went well and I went to bed last night around 9:30 to get ready for today. I was SO tired. Well, I am now up at 1:30 because we had vandals come doing doughnuts in our front yard again. Steve had installed that driveway alarm, heard them, and went after them. He said when they saw the garage light from the garage door coming up they hit the trail. He followed them up our road and lost them. I told him to call the sheriff right then so now the sheriff has come and they are going to look for them. You think I can go back to sleep now????? I'm going to be looking lovely tomorrow. ha! I am so thankful Steve heard that alarm. I "heard" it but thought I was dreaming about it. Steve jumped up out of bed, scaring me to death, and shot out of here like a cannon!! We'll see what they find. Please pray that we find out who is doing this. Apparently they are continuing to get braver and were coming closer to the house again. I guess I might know more when Steve and the sheriff get back. Should be interesting general conversation tomorrow at school! Thank the Lord we put in that alarm at the road. I really hope they can catch them.

On a fun note....did you know they now make M&M's in DARK chocolate????? YES....one of my friends brought me a bag today and I ate half the bag!! (with a little help from some former students...hee hee) They are GREAT! Right now, though, the way my nerves feel I think I have had a little too much. (I realize mine is all adrenalin, but work with me... lol)

Well, off to try to calm down my nerves so that I can find some way to sleep again.

No comments: