Monday, April 24, 2006

Strawberry Pickin'

Today was the Strawberry farm field trip and it was great!! I was so excited to be able to go with them this time since I missed the pumpkin patch. We got to pick strawberries, feed the catfish and see a beehive and learn how the bees make honey. It was a very interesting and wonderful day. Of course, we saw three tractors which made Wesley thrilled beyond words. They weren't John Deere but he didn't care. :) He also saw lots of barns along the way.

When the field trip was over the kids and I went with our friend and her daughter to eat lunch and then shop a little. Do you want to know how much fun I had with my day off??????? WOW...I never knew. Up until this year I haven't taken a day off for pleasure...only for necessity. It is really nice. I know I won't do it often but it was just so nice today.

We got home for a few minutes and had to leave again because I had a dental appointment today. joy... Anyway, I stopped by a mall close to that and bought me a pair of Rainbow flip-flops. Now, I am sure you are asking WHY seeing as I have Birkenstocks coming out of my head, but there are times I would wear flip-flops and not Birks. (beach and those types of places...) Anyway, they are the Birkenstocks of the flip-flop world and you know how I feel about things on my feet! I have to break these puppies in, but they already feel really nice. :)

Dental appointment went well and then I went over to one of my friend's house to show her some pics of Wesley and Mikayla I had taken yesterday. She wants me to take some pictures of her daughters so I showed her the background of Mom's neighbors yard and how pretty it was. Anyway, we stayed there for a bit before heading home to start getting ready for reality tomorrow.

Today surely was fun...and I loved being with my children in a lesser stressed environment. I had a lot more patience with them today because it wasn't already tapped out by 25 at school. hee hee.... It was just a wonderful day with my babies...and I will always treasure the memory. On to reality now... :)

No comments: