Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Spring break....aaaaahhhh....

Ok....no picture today. The thing was taking forever to upload ONE picture so I figured it was messed up or something.

SPRING BREAK...may I just say I am loving it???? I know I couldn't have last another day if I wasn't getting a break soon. I have enjoyed just going at a slower pace and getting some things done that I have needed to do. You know...it is amazing what I can accomplish by being HOME. I actually have a DESIRE to cook something! ha!!! Normally I am too pooped to care. I went to the grocery store today with a renewed interest in the making of food. Of course, watching the Next Food Network Star has helped that....it is rather interesting I must admit. (If you have never watched that they are having a marathon of them this coming Sunday on the Food Network starting around 4:00 pm I believe..it is a GREAT show.) Anyway, my brother would be proud of me. :) Now, starting next week...I'll be back to what I have been all year. lol

Yesterday I scrapbooked most of the day and got a lot accomplished!! I did around 20 pages. Today I finished journaling on Wesley's pages and tonight I am hoping to finish Mikayla's and get those puppies together for the party on Saturday!! They are up to date to Valentine's Day but I think that is awesome. :)

The kids played outside alllllll day yesterday. They had the BEST time just playing and getting in to stuff. I was thrilled for them because I know it has been a rough year with not getting to play as much. They had a picnic in their playhouse and just had a wonderful day.

Today we had to run to the grocery store and when we came home the kids played again while I worked on a salad for our picnic lunch. Yes..we had a salad, yogurt, strawberries and apples. :) Mikayla kept going around in the grocery store today telling me things she wanted to eat because they were "healthy".... I love that. :)

The day was SO beautiful..temp was in the 70's and the sky was SO blue. I have loved watching the sky on days like today. I constantly think of what something would look like in a photograph with that blue sky behind it. :)

Well, we are off to find Steve. He went to get some mulch for the kids play area and should be home anytime. :) Off to search!

No comments: