Monday, April 03, 2006

Hockey Game!

Steve and I went to a Carolina Hurricane's Hockey game tonight. Wow...it was a lot of fun. I know NOTHING about the game but learned by watching...of course, I kept having to ask questions. One of my parents from school offered Steve and I the tickets. It was a great evening and it was very kind of them togive us a chance to come. The 'Canes won in overtime and it was awesome. There were actually a lot of fights!! lol I must admit that the fights did make it kind of exciting ...hee hee... I am amazed at how those guys get out there and play. No one can say that hockey players are wimps....those guys are tough!! Since I didn't grow up around it the game doesn't mean the same to me as others, but tonight made me realize it is a pretty exciting game. Now I can understand a little more about it when people talk about it. lol

Today we had some bad thunderstorms during the middle of the day. I was so thankful for the rain and just asked the Lord to protect us from lightning strikes. With it being so dry it could have caused fires easily. It also came up bad thunderstorms tonight while we were at the game. Mom said Mikayla woke up and had a hard time with them. We couldn't hear anything in the arena. I am glad she was able to finally drift off to sleep.

Well, tomorrow morning will be here before I know it so I better close for now. I need to "calm" myself down so I can get to sleep!! Maybe I'll go read for a few minutes.

Have a wonderful WOW day everyone!

No comments: