Monday, October 15, 2012

10/15/12

I know many of you have been anxiously awaiting the results of the fair.

I apologize for not getting this up yesterday..... it kind of goes with my crazy life lately.

Without further wasting of time.......


OK.

Here goes.

Are you ready?

Really?

Hee hee...

I'll do Wesley first since he is my firstborn by 44 minutes.

He got a third place on his pineapple jam.  :)

Second place for his scrumptious chocolate pound cake.


 Third place for his honey muffins.

FIRST PLACE for his macadamia nut brittle!  :)

His Legos did not place, but I don't think he can complain!!



Now on to my girly girl....

Mikayla got Honorable Mention on her blueberry muffins.  
Seeing as they were the last out of the very hot oven, we felt that was major.  :)

She also got third place on her brownies!  :)
Her layer cake did not place.  We are wondering if they didn't like the fact she used buttercream frosting.  We'll see when we get back the comments because that was some STINKIN' good cake, even if my daughter did make it!

I guess you want to know how I fared.

I reckon I'll tell ya.....

 I got second place on my mango chutney.  :)


I got first place on my apple raisin bread.  I wonder if they had that with some coffee??  :)
 My peach jam, cheese straws, and photograph did nothing, nada, zip.  However, I did enjoy seeing them proudly displayed if nothing else.

 We are already working on what to do for next year.... and how we'll tweek a few things.  

We had a great time finding our things, even though it was difficult to see the names.  Grrr....

We feel quite honored to have placed at all with all of the competition out there.  

Have I mentioned lately how much we love the fair?

Just checkin'.

Thanks for always supporting us in our fair time endeavors!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All of you done real good,I am so proud of everyone ! I just love watching the action in the kitchen each year. I know ya'll have fun, thats all that matters . Love Love

SandyM said...

Congrats to all of you! Amazing that you do so well each year with so much competition. And your reaction to the things that didn't place is so refreshing. Obviously this is a family project/memory maker that is really special.