Tuesday, October 23, 2012

10/23/12

Some people do not love the State Fair like we do.

Some people get tired of the crowds.

Some people do not like the money that can be spent.

I say CAN because you can always go and not spend a lot....  :)

There are people who only go for a couple to a few hours and have had enough.
There are those that go just one time and that is more than enough.  

Then, there is our family.... and we do not go as much as some of our extended family!!

This picture below shows one, no two, very special reasons why we love to go.....
We go because of the memories we make..... and have made for as long as I can remember.

Mom and Daddy took Kevin and me to the fair all of our younger years.  I remember those times fondly.

As we have grown older, and Daddy began working at the fair when I was in highschool, it became even more popular.

Now that we participate in the competitions at the fair, it has a whole new meaning.


However, the main reason is just being together.

Making memories.


Laughing.



Eating.



This is an apple chiller.... Oh. goodness.  I'd love another one right now.

Enjoying.



Sweet Man.... I could eat him up!


I treasure the memories made every October.... and every day.

2 comments:

Mrs. Huntley said...

What a great post! So sweet!

SandyM said...

I love what a special time this is for you! When I was growing up we had a really big county fair & we went at least twice each year....good memories!