Wednesday, November 23, 2011

11/23/11


 
These pictures remind me of the song from the play Annie: 
"The sun'll come out, tomorrow... bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow... there'll be sun...."

As you know I haven't had a lot to say lately.  I still may not have as much to say in the next little bit, but we're OK with just seeing my pictures, right?  :)

My last few weeks have been busy, stressful, and, at times, overwhelming.

There have been moments when I didn't feel like I knew the "right" thing to say, think, or feel.

I'll be honest... there have been moments where I have felt like my prayers have hit the ceiling.

My brain knew God was with me because I know He never leaves me.

I just couldn't FEEL Him.

I realize we are to walk by faith and not by sight. That is a good thing because feelings can fool you.

I needed the sun to come out.  I needed to FEEL the "Son."

Yesterday I was reading Scripture and the Lord gave me Psalm 62. 

I am finding the Psalms are something I go to often.  I am thankful for the life of David.... for the words God had him pen.  His struggles match so many of our own.  He was a man after God's own heart simply because when he made mistakes he confessed them and learned from them.  He had a hearts desire to be what God wanted him to be.  He lived real.

Because this Psalm spoke so much to me yesterday, I thought I would share parts of it.  

Psalm 62

1.  Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation.

2.  He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.

5.  My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.

6.  He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved.

7.  In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.

8.  Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us.

That last verse is what hit me the hardest.  It is the one that God told me to make personal.  

So I did.

Trust in him at all times; KELLIE, pour out your heart before him:  God is a refuge for you.

Right above that is Psalm 61:2 that I have mentioned on here before:
From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.


I am so glad the Lord gives us these treasures to hide in our hearts.  I know I have read Psalm 62 before, but the verses didn't pop out like they did yesterday.  It is because that is the day the Lord knew I needed them most. 

Is your heart feeling overwhelmed?  Make that verse personal... put your name in it.

I am so glad that God doesn't love me for my feelings.  His love is unconditional.

I am thankful that He is there no matter what.... even when I don't feel Him.

I am blessed that our great God sent His Living Word to little old me yesterday to help me see that the SON has come out to shine His light on my overwhelmed heart.

1 comment:

Mich said...

Thanks. Needed this today.