Friday, November 04, 2011

11/04/11

This bright and cheery zinnia is brightening this cold, rainy day around here.


Today is also "cheery" because I took the day off of school.

I normally just don't do that... it really is more work to take off than to just go.

However, I am learning to "let go" and TAKE A DAY OFF.

I was able to go out with girlfriends and do some early Christmas shopping.

We laughed.

We sampled food.

We saw lots of wonderful things.

I bought two pair of shoes... Alegria's.  They are like Birkenstocks on glitzy steroids.  Many teachers at school have them.  I am loving them.  I may just have to take a picture for you.  I have been checking them out for over a year and they had a good deal on them so, yeah... I got two pair. 

It feels so good to not be mentally and physically exhausted at the end of the day.

However... I still plan on crashing on the couch tonight!

2 comments:

Beth Rucci said...

Good for you taking the day off and having fun. You deserve to do that every once and a while. But I peeked in your room to say hi and was disappointed not to see you.

Sandy said...

I want to see a picture of your shoes!
Good for you, taking a day off!