Thursday, November 03, 2011

11/03/11

 

In keeping with the thoughts of Thanksgiving this month, I read this passage from a book the other day and it hit home for me.

It hit home because I had had a very difficult day.

It was a day I had to cry out to the Lord many times for Him to help.

He did.

And He continued to do so:

Yesterday, I had a child bring me flowers to school.  That was a lift I needed.

The Lord also kept urging me to read some more from the book I mentioned above.  I haven't had a chance to read it in a while.  I think He wanted to teach me something.  This is what I read:

"All through Scripture we are told that the proper response of a believer to God is to give thanks for everything: 'Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you' (I Thessalonians 5:18).  This book of wisdom exhorts us to receive everything with a grateful heart, realizing that we do not have it coming to us; it is a gift of God.  Even if it is painful for the moment, a wise Father has chosen it for us, and it will yield to us great and rich benefits.  You can be as grateful for the pain as for the pleasure."

~ Is This All There Is To Life?  Ray Stedman

Even though my day was difficult and there was pain in my heart, I am to thank the Lord for it.  I am to have a grateful heart.

Thank you, Lord, for what you are teaching me.

1 comment:

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Lifting you up in prayer! Hope today is much better! :) Thanks for sharing the excerpt from the devotion!

Guess what I'll be doing this afternoon??? "Cornhuskin'" ...bring back memories??? :)