Friday, January 19, 2007

1/19/07

This picture was taken yesterday. I thought it was neat the way the droplet was frozen and hanging off of the leaf.

A wild day at school but one of fun. I have a stack of papers to grade this weekend. :)

DATE NIGHT! Tonight has been so great. The kids went to a sleepover at their best friends house tonight and seemed to be having a blast when we left. Steve and I went out to eat and then rode over to the mall to walk around a bit. We didn't find a place we could by CD's so we went to Barnes and Noble. Let's just say I love that place. Steve and I both do, actually.

I was on a mission of CD looking. Have I told you about the CD's my brother gave me for Christmas? They are Il Divo and The Ten Tenors. (You can click on the links and it will take you to their websites.) Well, I absolutely love them and went in search for more. A year or so ago my brother and I went to see the Ten Tenors in person, and they were awesome, so I knew about them. Then he introduced me to Il Divo. Oh my... I just can't get over how wonderful those men can sing. I have listened to my CD's from Christmas over and over again so I figured I need a couple of new ones to throw in the mix. I can't wait to scrap while listening to them. I also bought the soundtrack to the play Mama Mia! which has all of ABBA songs in it. My brother and I went to see that, too, so we are totally understanding the music. Plus.. it takes us back. hee hee Steve just doesn't "get" that CD. :)

Have I said that I am on a diet????? It has been interesting. My body is in shock and trying to revolt. It is not the easiest thing and it has caused me to have a new appreciation for people who have had to lose weight. I never had this problem growing up. I find the older I get the more I grow OUT so I had to change something. Steve and I are working on it together so that will help. I am missing my chocolate. I can't have a lot of it. I was not a junky food eater before anyway, but chocolate is my weakness. Allowing less food into my system on a daily basis should reduce the size of my waistline. I hope. hee hee Low blood sugar has been an issue with me this week and I have had to "tweek" a few things. I can't get over how hard it is. I'll feel better when I see some changes, I guess.

Well, I am off to spend some quality time with my sweetie since this IS my date night. :) He is building a fire in our wonderful wood stove. It feels weird, though, to have the kids at someone else's house. I do miss them. Have a wonderful night. Go enjoy some music you love. :)

No comments: