Saturday, January 13, 2007

1/13/07

The day finally came when I drove past my uncle's farm and it was no longer there. I wanted to cry but I didn't. I wanted to drive closer to it but I couldn't. I know it made it easier to see it gone since it has been about a year since I took all of those pictures, but when something has been the same way all of your life, and it belonged to someone in your family, you find it is harder to swallow when it is actually not there anymore. I couldn't see the silos as I was getting nearer and that is when I knew. Everything was reduced to a pile of nothingness. There was equipment where it used to be a running dairy farm and my aunt and uncle's house. It makes me even MORE thankful that I took the time to take those pictures for my aunt. I know she will cherish them even more, just like I cherish the copies I made for myself. In memory of what used to be, I am posting these pictures today. My heart is sad that it has finally happened. I know that is "life" but it doesn't mean I have to like it... I am glad my uncle didn't have to see this. I hate it for my aunt and cousins that are seeing it, though. It is going to be weird when I drive through there now.

I got to scrapbook today!! I didn't get as much accomplished as I had hoped, but I at least got going on the State Fair pictures that I knew would take me a while. lol I have a ton of them! I also got my Christmas pictures printed today... all 5,000 of them. :) I am hoping to be doing more tomorrow afternoon and Monday since we are off of school.

Yesterday I had something done that I have never done before! I had someone clean my house. This was a gift from one of my best friends because I had helped her with her brother's scrapbook this past summer. I must say, it was weird realizing someone else was going to come in and do what I normally do. I had everyone pick up mess and clean a little before they came because I didn't want it looking terrible. I realize that is their job, but I still didn't want it to be bad looking. ha! It was nice to come home yesterday and realize I didn't have to clean. I was going to go get my pictures developed yesterday but once I got home I just crashed. It was nice to do that. I won't be getting used to it, though, because I know that isn't going to happen as well as I want my children to understand the value of doing a job and having responsibilities. As it is now it is a daily thing we are teaching them and I want that to continue. If they make the mess they have to learn to clean it up.

Steve finally got a chance to take down our wreaths and reindeer from the front of the house. We have never let it stay up this long before. ha!! It just has been hectic or rainy around here and he hasn't had a chance to do any of that. I just figured we were just ready for Christmas again in 11 months. ha!

Today's weather was near 70 and I believe that is supposed to happen for the next couple of days and then winter should be here to stay for a while. I really hope and pray for some snow.
We've been using our wood stove as much as possible lately. I do love that thing. It is amazing how much I DON'T miss our fireplace!!! Never thought I'd say THAT!

I'm itching to take pictures but there is not much for me to take a picture of at the moment. I'll probably do a few more of the kids soon, though... hadn't done a "photo shoot" of them in a while. :)

It is now time for me to work a little more on my scrapbook pages. I hope to be finished with one section tonight. I hope you have a great day. :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Kellie, I'm sorry you were so sad going by your aunt & uncle's farm. I remember when you originally posted these photos and how much they meant to you. Hugs, Amy