Thursday, January 18, 2007

1/18/07

I must say this has been quite an interesting day. We started out the day getting ready for school as we normally do. It had started snowing and sleeting but we knew it wasn't supposed to do that much so we left at normal time. I was almost at school, driving slowly, of course, when my phone rings to let me know school had been cancelled. It wasn't THAT bad but they were afraid it would get worse as the children started coming to school. Well, I went back home and we crashed on the couch for a bit. When we woke up we found that it was raining and the snow was melting. I figured I had better get outside and take some photos before it all melted. I didn't get any amazing shots, but at least I'll have some with snow on them for a few posts. ha!! (this is of our blooming camillia bush... I thought this one was kind of nice...) I couldn't stay out long, either, because of the rain. Mikayla walked around in the mush for a while just to make some prints. Pretty much this was a wasted day from school because all it has done since 9:00 is rain.

Now, I say wasted, but truly I didn't WASTE the day. I worked on cleaning this house and made the kids clean up their rooms and the office where they have made a mess. They have been at it all day... does that tell you how much mess they have scattered this week???? We are now finishing up cleaning. I really had hoped to have it done before now (5:30) but it just hasn't. We did manage to get a little bit of hot chocolate in us before the cleaning began, but I am not sure if a S'more will get done tonight. We'll see!!

I worked on my photo screen my brother gave me for Christmas. I have put in pictures of flowers I have taken as well as pictures of Wesley and Mikayla when they were little. I went down memory lane a little with those today. I can't get over how much they have changed and grown up. I also can't believe they'll be seven in a couple of months!!! Anyway, I still have a few pictures that I have taken to make into enlargements. When I get it completed I'll take a picture of it so you'll see what I am talking about!!

I also organized some of my scrapbook stuff today. I changed out an organizer that was not doing the job to one I had put in my closet for safe-keeping. It is more sturdy and should do a better job of keeping my pages and miscellaneous papers together. I find that my stuff itself isn't the most organized because while I create I make a serious mess, but my pages have to be linear! ha!!!! One of my friends teases me about that a lot. :)

Mikayla was VERY excited last night. She lost her first tooth. She was scared when Steve was trying to pull it out. She didn't like the thought of it coming out. She did great, though, and it finally came out. Her two permanent teeth are coming in behind the baby ones so they really needed to get out of there. She still has that one that is hanging on but hopefully it will be out in a few days. Here is her picture right after Steve pulled the tooth. She was beside herself. :) The Tooth Fairy came and gave her four quarters. (I hope that is what the Tooth Fairy gave Wesley for his first tooth... she couldn't exactly remember!!) Anyway, she was cute when she got up this morning. She said "This isn't American Girl Doll money but I think it is United States of American money!" I cracked up.

We are now getting ready for supper so I guess I need to close for now. Hope you have enjoyed my first picture of winter. It is supposed to do something around here again on Sunday. We'll see. I just hate we missed a day of school for rain, but I know those in the higher up jobs have to think of the safety of everyone based on what they know. At least I got my house clean!!! And, believe it or not, I do have some papers I can grade tonight. ha!!

No comments: