Tuesday, January 09, 2007

1/08/07

It is cold here...hee hee. :) Can you tell I am excited??!! Steve told me that the weather forecast for the next few weeks is to remain cold... may I just say I am glad!!! We cranked up the wood stove tonight and I am loving it. :) All we need now is some of that white stuff falling. I really pray we get some snow. I don't want fifty feet or anything, but I would like to have a memory of what the stuff looks like. ha!!

It has been a good week so far. Tonight we went to visit our Youth Pastor, Mike, in the hospital. We took the kids so they could see him and they took him the pictures they drew him. We didn't stay long and we found out he is going home tomorrow! He was originally scheduled for Thursday but they bumped it up a day. He looked quite well considering what he has been through. He talked with us a little more tonight and recognized Wesley and Mikayla when they walked in. I am still amazed at how far he has come. It is only by God's grace that he is where he is today. God has shown His power yet again and that He alone is the Great Physician. His family is going to have a different path ahead of them now that he is going home. It will not be easy and sometimes it will seem like they can't do another day of it, but God will give them the strength. I remember how God gave us what we needed to help Mom. Please continue to pray for the McCaskill's. I know God is going to continue to do great things for them.

Check out Wesley and Mikayla's lava lamp! My aunt gave it to them for Christmas and we are all enjoying it in the den. I decided to keep it in the den so Steve and I can keep a watch on it better. Those things can get quite hot and I didn't want the kids to cut it on and we not realize it. I thought my picture turned out pretty cool. :)

Wesley can now ride his bike without training wheels!! He was so proud of himself. He accomplished this on Saturday and has wanted to ride his bike everyday since. Between rain and homework he hasn't had much of a chance.

They both got report cards yesterday and are doing really well. Wesley is still having issues with the fact that he is in Kindergarten again this year. It honestly doesn't surprise me much that he is the one that is upset over it because he has always been my sensitive child. I just prayed over him last night and asked the Lord to help us help him through this. It hasn't really affected Mikayla at all. I wish he could see how far he has come this year and realize he is where he needs to be. One day he will realize it, I guess. If you think about it, please say a little prayer for him, too.

I finished grading my papers when I was waiting for Wesley and Steve to get haircuts tonight so it allowed me to have a "free" night. THAT is a nice thing. :)

Well, I am a bit weary tonight so I am going to go read in front of the fire for a bit before heading off to bed. I need to enjoy that warmth as much as possible. :) Have a good day everyone!

No comments: