Monday, September 10, 2012

09/10/12

If someone had told me Friday that I would have two new pets by Sunday night I would have laughed...

Now, I am all about some cats and would have a slew of them if I could afford them all.  I have always been a cat person.

On Saturday, Steve mentioned out of the blue that he thought it would be good for us to have a cat or two at the barn area to help get rid of mice.  

Outside cats?

Hadn't thought of that in years!

It took me back to all of the barn cats we had growing up and how I tried to love on every one of them.

On Sunday, I was scrolling through Facebook on my phone and saw where one of my students got a kitty for an early birthday present.  I was oohing and aahhhing over it when I scrolled down to find out that the kitty came from some of our distant relatives and they were FREE.

Free is good, peeps..... so good.

I told Steve about them and he said we could go check them out.

So, last night we went.....

and there were two left.....

and we brought them BOTH home.

Look carefully at their forehead area.... they both have an "M" there.  We knew then that the names had to start with "M!"

Meet Macy.  
Just in our little bit of time with her we think she is the spunkier of the two.  However, that might change.  She actually drank a little milk.  I thought it was so cute how I could capture her tongue smacking.  :)


Now meet Marbles.
She is fluffy and seems to be "calmer", however she has hissed a time or two in getting to know her surroundings.

They are both too sweet and cute.  I could just eat them up... and so can the kids.  Steve loves the kitties but sports were calling his name.  He did get the crate out of the attic, fixed them something to eat and made a litter box.  :)  He shows his love in different ways.  :)
We are keeping them inside for now in a crate.  They are so small that they would not do well in the garage just yet.  (Of course, that could also be because the kids and I realllly want them to hang out with us for a bit so we can play with them and get to know them.)
Sampson (Sammy), Isabelle and Molly have new friends/sisters. 

Sammy is dealing with them OK, but still not sure.  He slept with me all night, which is unusual, and worried me to death this morning.  I thought he was out of food, but when I saw his food bowl was full, I knew it was because he didn't think we loved him anymore. haha! He has nothing to worry about....

 Isabelle is pouting and does not like it because she thinks she is "Queen."  Molly hasn't officially met them yet so the jury is still out on her, but as much as she loves Isabelle and Sammy, we don't think there will be a problem.  :)
 
I now allow Molly to come in the house at times.

Do you think I'll be able to let them stay outside only?

Time will tell.  

Shhh..... don't tell Steve.

1 comment:

Mrs. Huntley said...

Your secret is safe with me! How cute!