Thursday, October 18, 2007

10/18/07

The first picture today is of Steve, my Daddy, the kids and me eating our icecream at the fair last Saturday night. This is the kind of icecream that is a rectangle block dipped in chocolate and nuts with a cherry on top. Wesley and Mikayla were sharing theirs because they never eat a whole one and we aren't going to waste one! Actually, Wesley just wanted the chocolate so Mikayla ate most of it herself. I'll be getting another one this Saturday. lol

The second picture is of the display of honey that is brought in around our state. I love how honey looks with light shining through it. I just think it is a beautiful color. I continue to learn more and more about God's creation and how He made bees as I teach my students each year. This year I learned that the honeybee makes their hive to be a hexagon for each section. I KNEW that but had never really THOUGHT about it before. I had a devotion on it. The Creation Scientists commented that God had the honeybee to make hexagons for each section and there is no wasted space in the hive. Every part can be used. Isn't it neat how God is big in the big things and the little things!!!??

We had rain today! I knew it was in the forecast but was shocked when I saw it. It isn't that I didn't think we'd get any... it was more of the fact that we haven't had it in so long I was amazed to watch it fall. I would truly call it "liquid sunshine" today. We didn't get a large amount but it is better than nothing. I was so thankful for it I had my students get up and we went outside under the awning to our building. I let them hold their hands out and feel the rain and then I prayed and thanked the Lord for what He was sending us. After I prayed I decided they needed to run in the rain for a minute so I took them to another area of the awning where they could run out and back under more quickly. They had a blast doing it. It brought tears to my eyes as I thanked the Lord.

Daddy has been saying all along that we wouldn't be getting rain for a while because the moon was "on its back." When it would be in the crescent stage the crescent part looked like it was holding in the water. Even when we had been forecasted as possibly having rain we haven't had it during those times. Well, Sunday night it turned on its side. I called Daddy and he saw it, too. He said the rain would definitely come this time and it did. Farmers wisdom is what I like to call it. :)

I was so tired when I got home today that I was doing good to take out the trash and wash a load of clothes. When I was giving the kids their practice spelling test I fell asleep between words again and actually started "dreaming" and began to speak out loud what I was saying in the dream instead of the next spelling word! The kids looked at me kind of funny... Mikayla read to me but I have no clue what she read. Thankfully, Steve got home earlier tonight and heard Wesley read. That is a good thing. I passed out in the recliner for a while just to get enough energy to get through the rest of the evening. I hate feeling THAT exhausted.

Tomorrow is Friday and I am so thankful for that. :)

I am now off to fold clothes upon clothes that have piled up throughout the week because I haven't had time to fold them. (Wonder why??? Could it be the papers I grade each night??) Actually, no papers to grade tonight (YEHAW!) so I will just fold those clothes and dry a few more then fold them, too. :) Have a great one!

No comments: