Monday, October 15, 2007

10/15/07

The fair was GREAT! We stayed all day and had the best time. I can't wait to do it again this coming Saturday. :)

I took this first picture as the sun was beginning to set that day. I got a little distracted and almost lost my family as they kept walking and I stopped to do this. My brother made sure I knew where they were but they are so used to me stopping and photographing something. lol I liked the lighting and the reflections on the building off the windows.

Well... my photograph won nothing, which I expected, as did my peanut brittle. My scrapbook pages, though.... they both got first place!! I was quite tickled over that. I didn't expect both of them to place let alone blue ribbons!! It was a nice surprise. I put both pictures of the pages to show you.

My brother did QUITE well! He had entered tons of stuff and received 6 first place, 4 second place, 2 third place and one sixth place. He had entered baked goods, preserves/jams/jellies, produce from his garden and candies. Most all of his stuff had a ribbon on it. We were so happy for him! Wesley won third place on his honey muffins... and how he did, I'll never know. lol He had put too much flour in them and my brother had to add a bit more milk to balance that out. Poor Mikayla, who loves to cook and has never won anything, was out of luck again! We were so hoping Mikayla would be the one who had the ribbon. It was wild when we saw it was Wesley instead. lol We told her she did a great job with entering, though, and should be proud of herself.

We walked all over the fair and we were tired when the day was over! We ate lots of wonderful things. You see some of the things we ate on this post.. ha!! The footlong hotdog was my first endeavor and the funnel cake was later on.... but they were both great. This is the only time of year I eat that kind of hotdog. There is just something about the food at the fair though... When we got there and took a big "whiff" of air we loved what we smelled!! :)

Today I had a teacher workday so I was able to get some things done and I don't have papers to grade tonight!! I am so excited but I don't know what to do with myself. ha!! :) Hope you have a wonderful evening.. enjoy these fair pictures!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Congrats to all of you on your success at the fair! We love the fair too and especially eating our way through the day. Feasting on all of the junk!!! :)