Saturday, October 13, 2007

10/13/07

I took this first shot at the Farmer's Market last weekend. More Fall inspiration!! :)

I must say... this morning, I am in shock!!! As most of you know that have read my blog for a while, I have lost weight this year. During the summer I stayed where I was at the end of school because I wasn't as busy and I didn't exercise. lol Now that school has started back I have seen a difference. When I weighed not long after my surgery I had lost another pound which was making me tickled. I decided to weigh again today just to "see." Well, I have now lost 28 pounds total! I couldn't believe it! I have not been this "thin" since before my children. I don't quite know what to say to myself over that. he hee... I am quite tickled, though, and don't plan on making this a habit of whittling away to nothing (NO chance of that) but I am thinking another 2 pounds will get me to the "30" mark... has a nice ring to it, don't you think????

Of course, today we are going to the State Fair... where there is food all around me. I have willpower but when there are funnel cakes around, icecream with a cherry on top, footlong hotdogs, etc... I will not always resist. lol One day won't make that much of a difference. he hee...

Speaking of the fair... today we will find out how we did on our entries. I really don't believe I'll be sporting any ribbons on my photograph but I have no clue about my pages and peanut brittle. I'll keep you updated on that.

This morning we are trying to lay low because we'll be out at the fair all day after noon. I am having the kids clean their part of the house, I'll work on mine in a few.

Last night was the Homecoming Football game at school. My best friend's daughter was on the court and was in the running for Queen. We were bummed when she didn't win but she surely did look beautiful.

On Thursday night the kids, my brother and I took a "field trip" up to the Vet Hospital where Daddy works. (I originally didn't want to go because I was trying to do homework with the kids and "recover" from a wild day... but I am glad we went!) We got to see the "World's Largest Horse" they use at the fair. He had an abcess on his foot and they were treating him for it before he had to go be stared at for 10 days. lol Daddy wanted us to come out and see it. At first, I didn't think it was "THAT" big, but it was because it was in an open field area of the hospital grounds. When we got closer, and Daddy stood beside it, we realized really quickly that this was a large animal!! It was raised in Amish country and they feed them quite well up there so they can pull the plows and such. Apparently, this guy kept right on growing. He is over 2,400 pounds!! Daddy even got up on him earlier in the day. They took pictures but haven't emailed them to me yet. They had to use a step stool to even get UP on him. Daddy fell off once before he finally got his short legs over the horse. It was too funny. I know at the head of that horse it was over 7 feet tall. His head was huge... It is really hard to see in these pictures but take my word for it!!! The kids got to feed him. The last picture cracks me up. That was when Wesley was trying to feed him. The horse went over the rail and it looks like Wesley is saying "WHOA!"... Mikayla decided she was better off looking at a distance. lol He was a really gentle giant and I was glad we went.

Well, off to clean before we go celebrate being at the fair! I'll post more of that later. :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Kellie, your lens is amazingly sharp! Congratulations on your weight loss, that is fabulous!!! Amy