Thursday, October 11, 2007

10/11/07

Fall is in the air.... FINALLY. We had 90 degree weather earlier this week. I am tired of it, I must say, and am welcoming the change. I am so thankful for the changes God brings to us through the seasons. It is also comforting to know that the seasons may change but the One True God will never change. He is the same yesterday, today and forever.

We went to the Farmer's Market this past weekend to get our pumpkins to paint. I enjoyed photographing various fruits/veggies. You know me, any opportunity to take my camera somewhere I am on it! The first picture was one of my favorites. I love photos that gradually get sharper and then fall off again. Enjoy these pictures today from there as well as Wesley and Mikayla's painted pumpkins. (Mikayla's is the first one and Wesley's is the second one.) They were quite comical this year. Instead of just doing the face they both decided to do a face and a "scene" on the back. Interesting to say the least....

My brother and I took our "stuff" to the fair this past weekend. Who knows whether I'll win a thing this year but at least I am participating again. I entered Wesley and Mikayla's feet as my photograph and a couple of scrapbook layouts. Also, for a first, I entered peanut brittle.... made on Tuesday night. My brother made me do it. lol Wesley and Mikayla also entered a food category. Wesley entered honey muffins and Mikayla entered orange/coconut shortbread. Mikayla was so in her element when my brother was helping her with it the other night. (I was in the middle of doing peanut brittle... you know I can only concentrate on one thing when I bake... lol) Wesley did OK but cooking is not his "thing" because he was not fully focused. We think he put in 3 cups of flour instead of 2... That is SO my son. lol

I am looking forward to the fair this weekend. I just love the smells, feel and memories that accompany it all. I know a lot of people hate it but we just love it. lol I am sure I'll be sharing pictures. :)

I have homework to do in a few minutes but wanted to pop on and post since I know it has been a bit of time. I know it doesn't seem like it would take much energy to get on here and type, but trying to THINK after teaching all day is sometimes challenging. It is all I can do to get through the homework and grading papers. Supper is not even in the equation because I just let Steve handle that. lol Earlier this week I was doing flashcards with Mikayla and I FELL ASLEEP while doing them. She had to keep waking me up. I feel today may be the same as my eyelids are quite heavy. Just understand.... 9 1/2 to 10 hour days at school are LONG....

Well, off to do homework... :) Have a great evening!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Kellie, the pumpkins are so cute and I love the corn photo. I can't wait to hear how you do with your fair entries, I think the feet photo is just precious! Amy