Friday, August 31, 2007

08/31/07

I am really getting bad about posting again, huh? Sorry. It has been a crazy week trying to get ready for my surgery. In the middle of it all I have had to run errands and such in the afternoon and then grade papers at night. Back to the same old craziness. :)

Well, today is my surgery to remove that gallbladder of mine. I leave in just a bit. I know I'll be fine but I must admit I am a bit anxious. I realize this is minimal surgery but for someone who has only dealt with having her wisdom teeth out as surgery this is a big thing! ha!! I have had so many people telling me so many different stories that I have no clue as to what to it will be like... I just know the Lord is going to take care of me and I am in the palm of His hands... why should I even worry???

Steve had his 40th birthday this past Monday. I can't believe how quickly time has flown. When we met he was 23! I am just thankful I get to grow old with him... my missing parts and all. ha! I am thankful for every day God gives us together. I truly couldn't find a better man. I didn't do a huge "old" theme to celebrate his birthday... I know I'll be there in a few years!! I did take him out last night for supper with the kiddos. He chose Carrabbas and it was wonderful. I knew I needed to eat a lot since I wouldn't get to have anything today for the surgery so that was a great meal! I was glad I could take him out and do something for him since it seems he is always doing stuff for me.

You know as I said in my last post that I had to rent a 20D Canon for the shoot I did on Saturday? Well, I got it and began to learn it only to find out it also had issues with the focus points! It would do a bit different from mine where I could "focus" but it wouldn't let me take the shot because it said it wasn't focused! Then, it would lose focus when I would focus on a spot and recompose my shot. When I did the shoot for the one year old it kept on not letting me take the shot and I had to go manual! Do you know how hard it is to manually focus on a MOVING one year old??? NOT an easy task. Because of that I lost some really sweet shots of her. I was quite irritated. The good thing, though, when I talked to my pro photog. friend who helped set up the camera for me, he said he noticed those things, too, but thought maybe it was the lens he had on it. I let them know at the store where I rented it... Most people don't take time to look at all of that when they rent a camera so I figured he would need to know in case someone is like me and wanting the best possible shots.

Overall the pictures for the shoot were sweet. I got a lot more of her together with her Mom than I did of her by herself simply because of the focusing issue. I gave her the proofs on Wednesday night.

BUT, when I get home on Tuesday I had a call that MY camera had been fixed!!! I was OVERJOYED at this news and immediately went to pick it up. The camera works great now and I am so glad I got it in to get it fixed. I am also tickled pink that it was only out for a week or so! That really is unheard of apparently. What is irritating, though, is that I had just spent $90 to rent a camera that didn't give me what I needed just a day or so before... Such is life and we must move on... lol I am just so glad to have it back. I haven't had a lot of time this week to play with it because of school and preparing for surgery but I am hoping once I feel better on Sunday or Monday I can go out and start shooting some. We'll see what happens...

Well, I need to go ahead and get ready. Enjoy the pics from today.... the sunset was with my camera from the day we took Wesley to play golf. The two pics of the kids are from me trying to learn that 20D last weekend.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Kellie, I hope your surgery went well, you're in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm happy to hear you got your camera back so quickly, but bummer that you didn't get a good 20D rental.

Update on how you're doing when you get a chance. Amy