Thursday, August 23, 2007

08/23/07

Whew...It is amazing how quickly the rest from your summer break becomes null and void! I am so tired that I feel like my body is closing in on itself. lol Geesh...

The first full week of school has been long but that is understandable seeing as we are going ALL week instead of three days like last week. It hasn't been a bad week and the kids are continuing to learn what is expected.

Wesley and Mikayla are doing GREAT in first grade. They are right where they need to be and it is wonderful seeing them continue to blossom.

Last Friday night Mikayla was supposed to have a sleepover at one of her friends houses and watch "Highschool Musical 2"... I'm going to be the first to say that we haven't even watched the first one yet and I don't really get into all of those Disney programs. I know I am in the minority here but I hear it so much from my students and it just doesn't make me want to get all giddy. (I also realize I am a 36 year old....lol) Anyway, we dropped her off at the sleepover only to get called to come back around 2 hours later because she was missing us and wanting to go home. It all boiled down to this: The girl had been up since 5:30 (when they get up to get ready for school..), was tired and couldn't handle 6 girls screaming and running up and down a house. lol I didn't blame her because I don't think I could have done it either. She was glad to be back home with us.

Before we went to pick her up, though, Steve and I went with Wesley to play golf. Wesley actually drove the cart and I got to sit next to him while Steve walked the course. We only got to go to 7 holes but it was still fun. I had an enjoyable time being driven around the course although some moments were quite interesting. I also took my camera and got a few shots and that is where these come from today. The gnats were quite annoying but it wasn't AS hot as it had been earlier in the day. When we finished up it was time to go home and then that is when we found out we needed to get Mikayla Girl.

Speaking of hot, it has been HORRIBLE here all week. On Tuesday it reached 105 degrees! We are in need of some serious rain and break from this heat. The kids can't even go out to play at school because of it. We did have some rain this morning that was a surprise and we also had a bit of a storm the other night. At this point we are thankful for anything.

Last Saturday I had to take my camera to get fixed. I am SO lost without it. My focus points were not working as they should and I decided to get it done before my warranty ran out! I won't get it back for 3-4 weeks and I am having a hard time with that!! This coming Saturday I am doing a shoot for a one year old (our Youth Pastor's little girl... her one year pics) and am having to rent a camera. I am so thankful I can rent the camera but bummed I can't use my own. lol I am whining and may continue to whine some until I get it back!!! The good thing about renting one, though, is I'll try out a 20D (camera term for an upper level camera from the one I have) and I am excited about that. I am looking forward to playing around with it this weekend.

Well, I must go read to the kids and pass out on the couch after they go to bed. Steve is playing golf late tonight so I won't see him till after 9:00. He is also working all night tomorrow night so I have two nights without him. :(

Off to read.. have a great day. :)

No comments: