Sunday, August 12, 2007

08/12/07

I took this at Charlotte last weekend. It is hard to believe a week ago we were there. In fact, at the time I am writing this we were getting on the train to come back home! I just thought it was pretty so I took the picture. lol

I didn't realize it had been a week since I had posted! I was so busy early last week getting things finalized before I had to go back to school... and then school started for me. I am amazed at how quickly summer flew by. I kept telling myself last Wednesday on the way to work "My summer is OVER??!!" I had gotten back into the swing of things, though, and it will all be fine. The kids come back on Wednesday for the first day of school. We'll see how the first week turns out. :)

Wesley and Mikayla know who they have as a teacher and are excited. They don't have a lot of their best buddies in their class, though, but it will enable them to make new friends. They had sleepovers last week with a couple of their best buds and really enjoyed themselves. I am glad they can have that fun.

I have been showing everyone my portfolio I have made of some of my pictures. I have even had some people tell me they want me to take their family pictures. That is pretty exciting. I did do the photographs of the family that bought my photography session at the auction. I gave them their proofs on Friday. I met my photog. friend again yesterday and showed him my portfolio and all... he continues to give me great tips and things to work on. I told him he needs to give me "homework assignments" so I don't lose what he has taught me through this last month! He said he would go out with me again to shoot and I am tickled about that. I truly am thankful that the Lord let me meet him because he has helped me so much. All of life is learning, though.

It has been SO HOT around here. Yesterday and today were better but this past week was HORRIBLE. The humidity was awful even late in the evening. Today has been hot but not humid and that has been a nice break. Steve keeps saying he isn't ready for winter but he surely is ready for fall!!

We are still having issues with flies. Steve killed 12 this morning! They are annoying and quite ridiculous this year... not sure what the problem is.

Well, off to find something for my children to have for supper. Enjoy your day and thank the Lord for all He has given you!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Kellie, that is a beautiful photo! It is amazing how fast time flies, isn't it? How about I give you the assignments I'm doing? They're sure keeping me busy!!! Amy :)